Has anybody realized?

Bobo

Hi there.

This is really strange. My rating's gone down recently from 5 stars (a model Songfacts citizen) to 4 stars..

Ken's, which I know before was 5 stars, has miraculously gone down to 3 stars.

Others' ratings have changed very recently as well...

I'm getting the impression that piles of people are spamming the "Rate this user" option and getting all their cronies to give users 1-ratings..

I don't know what should be done about this, and I'm not complaining that my rating's gone down as much as I'm complaining that Ken's (?!) has gone down, as have others'.

As I say, I think conclusions must be drawn eitherway... I don't know what to think about it personally, though.

Love and mercy

Yeah, when I saw Ken's I just did a double take and went WTF???!!! Same with you Bobo (I rated you a five, you good example you (just so ya know) I'm not going to complain about my rating, because, well I deserve it :laughing: :jester: But good point though

Nah. I rated you a five! I don't know why your rating has stayed as 2 stars... From statistical averages, that means that you must either have tons of people rated you, or whatever like that..

But yeah, I like to be an example of whichever kind. Maybe I'll try harder in the future, but who knows...

Matt

Yeah, when I saw Ken's I just did a double take and went WTF???!!! Same with you Bobo (I rated you a five, you good example you (just so ya know) I'm not going to complain about my rating, because, well I deserve it :laughing: :jester: But good point though

I saw everyone's rating nosedive (mine included) and thought someone must be mad about something... Ah well, they are only stars. I think all of the regulars here are 5 stars in my book, so it doesn't really matter much.

Have a superfine day.

Ken.

All right, I admit it. I was having a really bad day and I wasn't feeling very "starry". :laughing:

I noticed too and unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. I've been giving everyone 5 stars in protest but it hasn't helped much.

I've certainly ran over all my favourite members (so to speak) and given them all 5 stars (I apologize if I missed anyone, and that doesn't in any way misrepresent your fine worth on here)

I guess we should just all give ourselves five stars for now..

All right, I admit it. I was having a really bad day and I wasn't feeling very "starry". :laughing:

I noticed too and unfortunately there's not much we can do about it. I've been giving everyone 5 stars in protest but it hasn't helped much.

I saw everyone's rating nosedive (mine included) and thought someone must be mad about something... Ah well, they are only stars. I think all of the regulars here are 5 stars in my book, so it doesn't really matter much.

Have a superfine day.

Ken.

Couldn't have said it better! The stars don't mean squat to me, it's the post that counts.

There's another site that I frequent which also has a rating system. Only there, when someone gives negative rep, it shows the user that did it in the recipient's user CP or home. It doesn't show who gives positive though.

Also, there, a user cannot give rep either way until they have 100 posts. This seems to stop the trolls.

Needless to say, unfounded ratings are nonexistent. I'm sure if that was practiced here then there wouldn't be a problem or as much of one.

I really never could understand a rating system anyway. I've seen consistently lucid posts with zero stars and I've seen drivel with five.

Guess which poster I like the best? There are many that think a cover means something.

It doesn't.

starfish.gifstarfish.gifstarfish.gifstarfish.gifstarfish.gifstarfish.gifstarfish.gif

1358.jpg

First things first - I'm giving my avatar a star-studed greeting today !!!!

:stars: :stars: I hadn't even thought about these stars since I first started posting (Sept/Oct.) and gave Ken, Carl, Sara, HDThoreau (aka -for sweet Amy) ratings in-which I graciously handed out night-skies filled with stars!! So while I cannot offer you answers to why there have been fallen stars, or even shooting stars. I can tell you that for all of you that are obviously star struck :laughing: here, I would be hapier if I had no stars at all. That's right "0"!! Gold stars are for the elite, for the special ones, top o' the class and such, never was I that! Nor do I ever desire to be. I'm just an ordinary average guy living an ordinary average life. I do not subscribe to rating systems or titles or any of that B.S! I just want to have a place I can share thoughts and ideas about music, and life and stuff with my friends and stuff.

I say "do away with the stars" start with me. Take 'em all away and leave me here to stand on my own self-rating system (I'd give my self 10 anyway) hahahha

Party-on and have a fun and safe weekend!!

Mike

Mike high-five-stars the whole board!!

• 4 months later...

someone must be mad about something... Ah well, they are only stars. I think all of the regulars here are 5 stars in my book, so it doesn't really matter much.

What about us slightly irregulars?

I was a five-star Songfacts sweetheart. Came back a week later and I'm down to three. Did I insult the main poster child?

What about us slightly irregulars?

I was a five-star Songfacts sweetheart. Came back a week later and I'm down to three. Did I insult the main poster child?

Yeah, that'll usually make them come outta the woodwork ::

I've given two bad ratings by mistake :stars: so that may have happened too =:P