But we breathe

We breathe"

- Maybe Tomorrow ~ Stereophonics

"The truth may come in strange disguises"

- Tattva ~ Kula Shaker

"Choices are, for one and all,

All we are is leaves that fall."

- Transcending ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers

I have gone through and added all of the suggested quotes and linked them to their respective Songfacts. I went through the songs that had no Songfacts to see if they had Artistfacts. If they had Artistfacts, I linked the song to that page.

The following is a list of quotes with neither Songfacts or Artistfacts. I was surprised by a few of them on the list. If you know anything about the song or the artist (or both), please let me know. I can submit them for you and will give you credit, like our sensational Katie does for the Top Ten Facts. :bow:

Yes, I do realize that my beloved Tenacious D is on this list. Yes, I am thoroughly ashamed and will rectify it immediately, if not sooner. :)

I Shall Not Walk Alone ~ Ben Harper

Fort Worth Blues ~ Guy Clark

The Metal ~ Tenacious D

Long Distance Winner ~ Stevie Nicks

'Til I Gain Control Again ~ Rodney Crowell

Never Thought ~ Roger Clyne

Sleep Like a Baby ~ Roger Clyne

Bloody Mary Morning ~ Willie Nelson

Still is Still Moving to Me ~ Willie Nelson

West Texas Moon ~ Roger Clyne

Slice of Heaven ~ Dave Dobbyns

The Worst Hangover Ever ~ The Offspring

Maggot Brain ~ Funkadelic

Man in Black ~ Johnny Cash

Blue Spanish Sky ~ Chris Isaak

Jeepster - T-Rex

More Than This ~ Roxy Music

Loco to Stay Sane ~ Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers

Don't Let Me Get Me ~ Pink

Life's an Elevator ~ T-Rex

Gone Fishing ~ Chris Rea

Telegram Sam ~ T-Rex

Bad Liver and a Broken Heart ~ Tom Waits

I Can't Stop Dancing ~ Archie Bell & the Drells

Hold On ~ Triumph

Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes ~ Jimmy Buffett

Fantasy ~ Earth, Wind & Fire

One Particular Harbor ~ Jimmy Buffett

From Out of Nowhere ~ Faith No More

Mexican Radio ~ Wall of Voodoo

Better Beautiful Than Perfect ~ Roger Clyne

Rotterdam ~ The Beautiful South

She's Only Happy In the Sun ~ Ben Harper

Tattva ~ Kula Shaker

Telegram Sam

by T.Rex

Released in February 1972, Telegram Sam was the third UK number one single for the British rock group T. Rex.

Perhaps best known for bringing the term "mainman" into popular culture, it was number one for two weeks.

The lyrics feature numerous figures such as Golden Nose Slim (who knows where you been), Jungle Faced Jake (make no mistake) and Purple Pie Pete. It also contains these lines Marc Bolan wrote to refer to himself: Me I find I don't care/ I ain't no square/ with my corkscrew hair. The riff is similar in character to their massive hit from the previous year, "Get It On". It wasn't as successful as "Get It On" worldwide, and it only peaked at #67 in the Billboard Hot 100.

In 1980, it was covered by the gothic rock band Bauhaus as a single.

all from Wikipedia. :cool: Here´s more from allmusic.com:

Marc Bolan's first single of 1972 was also the first release on his own T Rex Wax Co label, and was devoted, fittingly, to the manager who landed him the label (and an awful lot of money) in the first place, former Moody Blues/ Move overseer Tony Secunda. "Telegram Sam" was Bolan's affectionate nickname for his "main man" Secunda; in another verse, "Jungle-face Jake" was named for Sid Walker, Secunda's black assistant. Among the other characters peopling the song, Bobby is — no surprise — Bob Dylan, a "natural born poet who's just outta sight." Ever willing to muddy the waters, however, Bolan once added that the song was also "written about someone I met in New York who used to do little services for me." A taut rocker bristling with power and excitement and nailed by one of Bolan's most insistent riffs, "Telegram Sam" was recorded in Copenhagen, Denmark, as the public's first glimpse into what would become T. Rex's next album, the masterful The Slider. Of course it topped the U.K. chart with effortless ease, while it became the band's fourth (and final) U.S. hit, reaching number 67 that spring. A radically tougher working version of the song appeared on the Bump'n'Grind rarities collection, but adds little to the familiar take.

I´d swear there was some facts for "Jeepster"... it was on a Top Ten not long ago...

Phil posted recently some facts for Jeepster...

From Wikipedia,

Jeepster was a 1971 single for the British glam rock band T. Rex.

The song peaked at #2 in the UK charts, and was controversial in that Fly Records, the record label the band was signed to, released the song without singer Marc Bolan's prior permission, as Bolan had just left Fly for EMI, where he received control of his own label, T. Rex Wax Co. Records. The song was covered by Protex for their 1980 album, Strange Obsessions. The music and rhythm is quite close to that of the Howlin' Wolf song, "You'll Be Mine", written by Willie Dixon. In interviews, Marc Bolan said himself that he'd "lifted it from a Howlin' Wolf song".

Artist facts for Pink, who was born as Alicia Beth Moore:

From Wikipedia:

P!nk was born in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania to Vietnam veteran James Moore and nurse Judy Kugel. She is of Jewish ancestry on her mother's side, and is Irish, German and Lithuanian on her father's.[1][2] Pink has identified herself as Jewish when she defended Mel Gibson after he made anti-Semitic remarks when he was drunk. She grew up in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, where she attended Central Bucks West High School. Her father played guitar and sang songs for her, and from an early age she aspired to be a rock star. Her parents divorced when she was seven years old. While in high school, P!nk joined her first "official" band, Middle Ground, but the band never took off. She has said that they "really sucked".[3] According to Pink, her biggest influences are Janis Joplin, Steven Tyler, Bad Religion, Mary J. Blige, Bob Marley, Billy Joel, Indigo Girls, Don McLean, 2Pac, and The Notorious B.I.G..[4]

P!nk developed her voice early on in her life. She had asthma and needed to learn to breathe from her lower abdomen instead of her chest on doctor's advice, and started singing lessons to learn this technique.[5] She began performing in Philadelphia clubs when she was 14-years-old. At age 16, she joined an R&B Atlanta-based trio called Choice, which included Chrissy Conway. The group signed with LaFace Records, and contributed "Key to My Heart" to the soundtrack of the 1996 film Kazaam. Choice eventually disbanded before having recorded an album, Moore remained at LaFace as a solo act.

two quotes from the same song:

"A child is born with no state of mind

Blind to the ways of mankind

God is smiling on you but he's frowning too

Because only God knows what you’ll go through"

"Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge

I'm trying not to lose my head

It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder

How I keep from going under"

"The Message" ~ Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five