Feelin' Groovy in Woodstock

RonJonSurfer

Garfunkel Faces Another Pot Charge in NY

WOODSTOCK, N.Y. - Singer Art Garfunkel, who pleaded guilty last year to pot possession in upstate New York, was charged again Sunday after a marijuana cigarette was allegedly found in the ashtray of his car, state police said.

The 63-year-old Garfunkel, who lives in Manhattan, was charged after being pulled over for failing to stop his vehicle at a stop sign, The Daily Freeman of Kingston reported Tuesday.

Upon approaching Garfunkel's car, a trooper noticed a strong odor of marijuana and a subsequent search turned up a joint in the ashtray, the newspaper reported. He was issued a ticket and is due back in Woodstock Town Court on Sept. 22.

In January 2004, Garfunkel was charged with marijuana possession after state police stopped his limousine for speeding in the Ulster County town of Hurley, which is near Woodstock some 55 miles southwest of Albany. During that stop, police found a small amount of pot in Garfunkel's jacket.

The next month, he pleaded guilty and paid $200 in fines.

Garfunkel, who with Paul Simon made up the legendary duo Simon and Garfunkel, produced a string of hits in the 1960s and 1970s, including "The Sounds of Silence," "Mrs. Robinson," and "Bridge Over Troubled Water." Garfunkel had a solo career in the 1970s, including the hit "All I Know."

Oh, man, where to begin!!

"But officer, the stop sign was waving me through....dude."

"Hey, are those real bullets, or chocolate wrapped in foil?"

"I don't feel like I ran a stop sign..."

"Geez, it's getting so a 62 year old has been can't smoke pot and run stop signs."

"Hey, aren't you the dude who busted me last year?"

"C'mon, give me a break, dude. I'm the other guy in Simon & Garfunkel. Really!"

"Hey, at least I'm not that other dude in Wham!"

"If you let me go, I'll get you Ann Magaret's autograph, dude."

"Got any twinkies?"