Songs that have been covered

Deepless_Overground

BTW these are not my favourite covers, I'm just mentioning as many as I can think of!

"How You Remind Me" ~ covered by Blink 182 ~ originally by Nickelback

"Uptown Girl" ~ covered by Westlife ~ originally by Billy Joel

"Baby One More Time" ~ covered by Travis ~ originally by Britney Spears

"Take My Breath Away" ~ covered by Jessica Simpson ~ originally by Berlin

"These Boots Are Made For Walking" ~ covered by Jessica Simpson ~ originally by Nancy Sinatra

"Shot You Down" ~ covered by Audiobullys ~ originally by Nancy Sinatra

"I'll Stand By You" ~ covered by Girls Aloud ~ orginally by The Pretenders

"Angels" ~ covered by Jessica Simpson ~ originally by Robbie Williams

"Something Stupid" ~ covered by Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman ~ originally by Frank Sinatra

"Faith" ~ covered by Limp Bizkit ~ originally by George Michael

"Lyla" ~ covered by Foo Fighters ~ originally by Oasis

Edited by Guest
I keep thinking of more covers!

Marilyn Manson has done some good covers.

He once did the song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory...on the boat ride. I thought it was awesome, made it really creepy.

Anywayz, i think we can all agree on how many times Sympathy for the Devil has been covered or remixed. Heck, i think the London Orchestra covered it once. Great fun huh?

• 2 weeks later...

Pat Dailey, pd2.jpg kind of a regional wonder, has a great song about covers. It's unique in that it is from the perspective of a bar troubadour weary of singing other's songs. Pat plays the party bars in Key West and Put-In-Bay, Ohio (trust me, a place that has to be seen to be believed. Boaters Heaven), with names like Sloppy Joes and Frosty's.

Hit it, Pat.

"Y'know, one night I was up here tunin' and this girl, she comes up to me, and she say's "Hey man... Know any Buffett?", Y'think she took any time, look in my face, look in my eyes, say to herself 'this son-of-a-bi*ch has been around, he's got some miles on him, I bet he's wrote some songs about his life and times!'. Shi* no. 'Hey man, know any Buffett?'. So I made a decision right there. I could go out, buy every one of Jimmy Buffett's records, learn every one of his songs. Or I could write some of mine. What do you think I did? Let me play this sucker for you...."

Songwriter's Lament

Pat Dailey

Jimmy Buffett made it big, playin' down in Key West, but I doubt, that I ever will. 'Cause my hair ain't that blonde, and my skin ain't that tanned. And I never been, to Margaritaville.

'Cause every guitar player in the Keys sounds just like Jimmy. And all the girls in the bar, are wonderin' where he is. And if you ask me to play you some Buffett, well I'm afraid that you'll just have to stuff it. When Jimmy starts playin' my songs, I'll start playin' his.

Was the same thing when I played down in Texas. "Play Willie!" all the rednecks would yell. No matter what I would play, I could still hear 'em say, "If you don't play Willie, you can just go to Hell"

'Cause every guitar player in Texas, sounds just like Willie. And all the girls in the bars are wonderin' where he is. And if you don't play the Red Headed Stranger, well, in Texas your life is in danger. When Willie starts playin' my songs, I'll start playin' his..

Ah, it's been goin' on forever...

'Cause in the Rockies, they would ask, for John Denver. And in Chicago, it's Goodman and Prine. But how many bars, must I play my guitars, before they start askin' for mine?

'Cause every guitar player in the world, sounds just like someone. But you never know who, until you know he is.

So if it's Jimmy or Willie you see, won't you pass this along, from me. When he, starts playin' my songs, I'll start playin' his.

If it's Jimmy or Willie you see, won't you pass this along, please, from me. When he, sings Pat Dailey songs, I'll start singin' his. And I hope he gets tired of my songs, 'cause I'm sure tired of his....."

Ken.

Marilyn Manson has done some good covers.

They really have - I also love their covers of Tainted Love and Personal Jesus.

For funny covers I think Steve and Edie doing Black Hole Sun is hysterical - and for being better than the original - Hurt by Johnny Cash is devastating.

Flaming Lips doing the White Stripes - Seven Nation Army is really different and anything covered by Nirvana is incredible--Where did you sleep last night is heartrending and The Man who Sold the World is absolutely haunting. The Corrs covered REM's Everybody Hurts and it will break your heart. Imagine by A Perfect Circle is really good as is What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding on the same disc. I just love covers - as long as they don't sound exactly like the original and add something new to the work.