Random Movie Thoughts

Tenacious_Peaches

Since we have Random Thoughts and Random Music Thoughts, I took it upon myself to start a Random Movie Thoughts thread.

Here's a random thought. I watched "All About Eve" for the 4 trillionth time yesterday...I simply adore Bette Davis. She can go from a tough as nails witch to a vulnerable, insecure woman in literally a blink of an eye. I'd like to see some of these contemporary actresses pull that off. Bette Davis would eat Julia Roberts for lunch and spit out the teeth and hair that were left over in a hot minute.

I think that the only actress right now that stands out above the crowd is Cate Blanchett. Otherwise, they all seem cookie cutter to me, more like models than actresses.

I notice that Jodie Foster has a new movie coming out....there's another actress who has a real talent and isn't just a cover girl.

• 2 months later...

Ok so on the TV over the weekend was "Staying Alive" the so called sequel to "Saturday Night Fever"...I know the movied is bad, Sly directed this and should be ashamed, but something about seeing John dance again and I can't believe I am saying this but to hear some BeeGee songs...I watched it...to the end!! And I had forgotten that Cynthis Rhoades of "Ditry Dancing" fame was in this also. I know you all will keep this a secret for me...LOL!!