Beatles - Martha My Dear

Mike

You know, this is one of my favourite Beatles songs.

I like its quirky simplicity and, also, I discovered it through a rather good cover version by Radio. I did not, however, realise it was about a big fluffy dog!

I think it's cool they took inspiration from various people, places and such for their songs, not just whining on about "their baby left them" or "love hurts" or any other really cliche'd subject matter.

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan. I put it down to not having heard all of their music, but they do have some gems that really stick out from all the other songs from their time.

You know, this is one of my favourite Beatles songs.

I like its quirky simplicity and, also, I discovered it through a rather good cover version by Radio. I did not, however, realise it was about a big fluffy dog!

I think it's cool they took inspiration from various people, places and such for their songs, not just whining on about "their baby left them" or "love hurts" or any other really cliche'd subject matter.

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan. I put it down to not having heard all of their music, but they do have some gems that really stick out from all the other songs from their time.

Not to be nit-picky, but rather to keep history straight, Paul wrote this song about his 'muse' which he calls Martha, and in-turn also named his dog Martha. That's all in the songfacts.

p.s. I'm glad you like this song, I do too, ever since the first time I heard it about 30 years ago.