kaiser chiefs

invisible_r

this is not that relevant, but i had a dream which i think was the result of getting all excited about the gig! i met the lead singer of the kaiser chiefsin a pub, and he was really nice and we were hanging out and then he tried to kiss me or something and my boyfriend got pissed off and broke up with me! weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have one word, AMAZING!

ok let me give any of you who are interested a comprehensive review (although i am half a sleep so excuse any mistakes)

first band that came out where the cribbs, a kinda punky band from Diggs' s hometown. they were pretty good but bad at the same time, i think their songs were good but the sound was pretty loud and chaotic, so probably not the best of live bands.

second band was maximo park, they were sooo good! i shall be writting about them in the get the word out section, but basically very energetic, their music was great and great crowd pleasers.

the kaiser chiefs were fantastic! started with a weird little clip and then they played "money for nothing" on the speakers and they appeared. obviously they only have one album so they played all of that plus a couple of new tracks, which indicate that good things are to be expected. their energy was incredible, amazing crowd pleasers, with him pulling a girl out and dancing with her, him crowd surfing, and in general interacting with the people, which i trully love in a gig. the crowd went crazy with most songs, but especially " I predict a riot" and "oh my god", which was the closing track.

all in all, I had an amazing time, wish I didn't have upper circle tickets because they wouldn't let us get up and I wanted to dance, but hey, that's all we could get. so if they are your kind of thing, definitely see them live if you get the chance.