The Beatles

Mike

Look, I know The Beatles have been weaved in and out of threads over the years here, mostly people hate them or love them.

The subject of their influence has been debated since the mid-60's up until today.

They are not just another classic rock band.They are as popular today as they were over 40 years ago. That's not Classic... that's legendary!

It's like ingredients are mixed together many times but sometimes you hit it "just right". The timing, the presentation and the content all come together -just right.

Now I've researched and read about The Beatles for about 30 years now, I've gone from hard-core fanatatic to casual listener. About a year and a half ago I picked up this magazine "The Beatles - 40 years anniversary" - the celebration of anniversary of their first visit to the U.S.

I had Just started reading it , then I misplaced it shortly after, I just found in at work under a pile of papers and files on my desk. (yes I know, that is pathetic)

One thing I have learned so far, (I just submitted as an artist-fact) -Their first four releases have either "YOU" or "ME" in the title, (Love Me Do, Please Please Me, She Loves You, From Me To You) this was done intentionally to create a relationship between them and their fans.

That's so brilliant!! I'm not sure if that was Epstein's idea or not.

The Beatles, there is so much more to say about them. Like I said before, whether you hate them or love them, you have to respect what they contributed to rock music as a whole.

I'm really excited to to have finally found this magazine, there is over 3000 photos included and it's really quite interesting stuff that I had not read before.

-Mike

I couldn't agree with you more, Mike. I just had a friend return (after 6 months of having it, he had it longer than I owned it) all of the Beatles performances on the Ed Sullivan show. Man, Sullivan does his "Here they are, the BEATLES" thing, and doinnnnng! each and every female lost their minds. And those guys were tight. In tune, and brilliant harmonies. And laughing, not at the fact that those girls had sprung their brains, but that this was happening to them. Their egos are firmly in check. I am glad that I live in an era wheen Dolby 5.1 exists and I can have those magic performances and keep them for always. I always laugh when those women go bananas. It's why every guy picks up a guitar.

Ken.

I have many dvds and videotapes with all kind of Beatles live shows, interviews, TV performances, etc. I was a Beatles fan when I was just six and it never stopped. The Ed Sullivan performances are so exciting, I also laugh a lot with the girls` reactions... I have some 40 or 50 clips of German, British or whatever TV they did as well as clips from their live concerts, and they are amazing. In case I´m down I put these clips (most of them are black and white, except for the Shea Stadium and the Hollywood Bowl live concerts) and it gets me up.

beatleslive5xs.jpg

I love their early work too, sometimes more than their later stuff.

Me too... All they did was good -except "revolution#9"- , but I disagree with Batman, Rubber Soul is my favorite album and what they did before was absolutelly new and magic.

I think that Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club and Beatles For Sale are probably my favourite Beatles albums.

One of the reasons I like their early stuff so much is because John Lennon's voice sounds so fantastically rockin'.

You're right Edna, they are one of those bands (there aren't many!) that everything they made was great with very, very few exceptions.

Nothing new about my statement, but I love The Beatles and nothing compares to them. The fact that they weren't a "super group" built for success. They were four kids with no reason to expect what happened to them. How did three songwriters like Lennon, McCartney and Harrison end up together? If you listen to all of their songs, it is difficult to find two that sound alike. Take a ZZ Top, every song sounds like the last one. I could say that for most bands.

Anyway....I think they will live on forever.

Me too... All they did was good -except "revolution#9"- , but I disagree with Batman, Rubber Soul is my favorite album and what they did before was absolutelly new and magic.

I like Rubber Soul, I think you misunderstood that part. But I just don't like their stuff before that. I'm sure it was new and creative and revolutionary and all of that, but I personally don't like it.

So, from what I have read accourding to George, some people brought their crippled/blind/sick children back stage to The Beatles, asked if they would kiss them or touch them for maybe they might get well. Wow! I think I'm getting a better picture of why John said "we are more popular that Jesus".

But it makes sense sort of, in a way, people saw the "reaction" of youth to The Beatles, many thought there was some magical thing with them.

The Beatles didn't do anything but play music...but the "reaction" from fans was ... a phenomenon. It still is!

I have many dvds and videotapes with all kind of Beatles live shows, interviews, TV performances, etc. I was a Beatles fan when I was just six and it never stopped. The Ed Sullivan performances are so exciting, I also laugh a lot with the girls` reactions... I have some 40 or 50 clips of German, British or whatever TV they did as well as clips from their live concerts, and they are amazing. In case I?m down I put these clips (most of them are black and white, except for the Shea Stadium and the Hollywood Bowl live concerts) and it gets me up.

beatleslive5xs.jpg

I Want To Go To Edna's House :bow:

A lot of people say that they don't like the Beatles early stuff. I'm not one of them though. They are great from beginning to end. I wouldn't class their early work as 'simple' or just music that is boppy and makes people happy. I think that's a generalisation, their early work runs a gamut of emotions, ranges in complexity (as does their later stuff) and should not be written off.

I want to go too Laurie! :D

You´re welcome at any time (except when I´m sleeping) ;)

some of the clips I talk about must be on the net, I guess somebody should have downloaded them... I cannot make copies as i have to transfer mp3 and things like that and it´s quite compicated for me (a friend of mine sent me the disc by mail two years ago). Actually I tried some months ago but for some reason I didn´t manage to do it...

There are dvds in the shop with the Hollywood Bowl Concert and also The Anthology...

Anybody knows if this site allows t post clips? I know there´s a video uploader, I might try... but I wonder if it´s not too heavy.

I´d love you to see the Beatles at "Shinding" singing "Mysery", "I´m a loser" or "Nowhere Man"...

Look, I know The Beatles have been weaved in and out of threads over the years here, mostly people hate them or love them.

(yes I know, that is pathetic)

The Beatles, there is so much more to say about them. Like I said before, whether you hate them or love them, you have to respect what they contributed to rock music as a whole.

Whether you like the Beatles or not is irrelevant. There is absolutely no reason on this earth to be so incredibly rude to someone who started a post because he is passionate about something. Sometimes I don't know how to take you, Kevin...I'm hoping you are just being sarcastic to get some sort of reaction. Mike is a wonderful mod and a thoughtful, insightful poster and to attack him like that is reprehensible.

Good grief. :beady: