Sign in to follow this  
queensrychefan

Who is your favorite male vocalist?

Favorite male vocalist.... hmmm. This is a tough one. None of the artists that I love the most have particularly great voices, to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of their voices but let's face it, Tom Petty, Walter Egan, and Warren Zevon all have a tendency to sound quite nasal and Lindsey Buckingham tends to, at certain times, sound strained, feminine, or like he just inhaled a bunch of helium. And his voice tends to crack, a lot, especially in live performances.

So I'll give the "favorite male vocalist" award posthumously to someone who isn't one of my favorite artists but who possessed a really great voice: Elvis Presley. :elvis: :thumbsup:

And with Roy Orbison a second runner up. ::

I don´t really like "big voices" but if I had to choose I´d keep Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, John Lennon (he has a sexy voice), Freddie Mercury, Leonard Cohen...

I love John Lennon's voice, especially in the early Beatles albums when he was singing those really rockin' tunes.

Freddie Mercury has a great voice (of course), I like David Bowie's voice (deep and sexy), Robert Plant can really wail and I like the perfection that is The Eagles!! Voices of angels! :angel: :angel: :angel:

I don't know that I have a favorite, but I like Bono's voice a lot, Freddy Mercury, Levi Stubbs and Marvin Gaye. I don't know his name, but the lead singer of Lifehouse has a nice voice.