Brian Jones Murder Movie

bazooka

* * * News * * *

(to me at least)

from various sources:

Maverick British producer Stephen Woolley spent a decade developing his project about the mysterious death of Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones before deciding that he was too immersed in the material to let anyone else direct it.

The feature film Stoned (formerly known as The Wild and Wycked World of Brian Jones) is based on Who Killed Christopher Robin? by Terry Rawlings and two other books about the circumstances around the drowning death of Rolling Stones founder Brian Jones.

Jones was initially the Stones' creative driving force, popular and charismatic, but by the late '60s, he was drinking too much and strung out on drugs. He was forced out of the band in 1969 and three weeks later was found dead in his swimming pool. Rawlings, through extensive research, asserts that not only was Jones murdered at his country home but that a vicious cover-up ensued. The author used new interviews to document Brian's ill-fated final days and hours and names his murderer.

Stoned is due to be released in 2006.

I think the 'murder' thing is B.S . , too , though I think Jones was certainly bitter and cantankerous in the end ( even more so than usual ) , and likely made a few enemies , and was often surrounded by fairweather or exploitive ' friends 'who wouldn't have cared nor known if he'd fallen in the pool or not.

I wonder what would be the use in killing Brian Jones??

The film chronicles the relationship between the rock star and East End builder Frank Thorogood, who was hired to renovate his home and became drawn into his debauched world. One theory is that the pair rowed over money and Thorogood pushed Jones under the water in a fit of anger. Thorogood died in 1993 and reportedly confessed to the killing on his deathbed, saying: "It was me that did Brian. I just finally snapped."

More lowdown here and here.

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are reportedly OK with the movie, said to be more about "Jones, not the Stones".

(apocryphal tidbit: Brian was buried in a bronze and silver casket shipped in from America and reputedly paid for by Bob Dylan.)

(apocryphal tidbit: Brian was buried in a bronze and silver casket shipped in from America and reputedly paid for by Bob Dylan.)

This IS interesting , and traditionally, not paying for one's own coffin ( from their own estate revenues ) is a sure sign of financial difficulty ( thus connected to troubles with the builders ?! ) , though it may very well just be just a tribute , not a necessity , from Dylan , if , infact , he did that for him.

He was broke when he died (well, if you call it broke to have a house and other things...) and anyways, he was really lost and didn´t even know what we would do. His music wasn´t commercial at all and he wasn´t in shape to be a star anymore. Keith Richards said that when he knew Brain was dead, he was sorry but not surprised at all.

He had many children, like four or five... or more. Strange guy...

I don't care for celebrity movies that supposedly have "new information" never before released. If it's really new and accurate information, then why aren't the authorities involved? I will probably watch however, just out of curiosity.