Add The Velvet Underground!!!

Zep Rules 2764

The Velvet Underground are one of the most influential artists on all of punk rock and basically invented the concept of it (even though everybody says The Stooges did. Bah, rubbish.) White Light/White Heat is still one of the raunchiest, loudest and most insane albums ever recorded. This is THE FIRST underground experimental art rock band as we know it. The music industry as a whole is in major debt to them. The Velvet Underground & Nico is easily one of the 3 most influential albums in the history of rock music. How can you not have The Velvet Underground on your site!?

Thanks! :thumbsup: :rockon:

I posted it here cause it says in the description of the forum "What you'd like to see on Songfacts" so I guess it kinda makes sense to put it here. OK, some Artist Facts...

The first underground art rock/experimental band ever, inspiring all others to come in the genre.

Robert Fripp once said about their debut album The Velvet Underground & Nico: "It only sold 100 copies the day it was released but everyone who bought it went out and started a band".

Their first album was produced by Andy Warhol, who did the infamous cover art work of a banana, but he lost interest towards the end of the album and eventually abandoned the band.

Their second album, White Light/White Heat, has so much distortion and fuzz and is so hectic because they were sponsored by Vox Amps who gave them fancy equipment.

White Light/White Heat is the last album to feature bassist, organist, and electic violist John Cale. He was replaced on their third album by Doug Yule.

White Light/White Heat was recorded in two days.

They have two self titled albums. Their debut album featured a female vocalist called Nico and is called The Velvet Underground & Nico. Their third album is called The Velvet Underground.

Their concerts were very hostile and featured the band making insane psychedelic and hectic noises while wearing all black and wraparound alien-like black sunglasses.

Song Facts:

Sister Ray - 17 minutes and 27 seconds of some of the loudest noise you've ever heard, it was recorded in one take and their sound engineer reportedly left the studio halfway through and said "Let me know when you guys are finished".

Venus In Furs - features John Cale on electric viola routed through an amp with distortion, almost sounding like an electric guitar.

After Hours - very depressing and haunting lyrics sung innocently by their female drummer, Maureen "Moe" Tucker.

I could do more but that's a start! If you guys could help out I'm sure we could get these guys on the site(s). :thumbsup: :coolio: :help: