Ingredients for a Perfect Song

PSYCHOcatholic

1. Take the vocal range and styling of Jeff Buckley.

2. Add the words and music from Leonard Cohen.

3. Hallelujah, you have a memorable song.

I agree that the melody is what helps us to remember songs. The words may endear the song to our memory as well. The great talent and musicianship would be lost without the above.

What makes a song great is how it makes you feel when you hear it. Sometimes the melody moves you, sometimes the lyrics, but either way, you get a feeling when you hear it that makes you like it. Many of these songs may not actually be great musically, but it's all about how you feel.

What makes a song great is how it makes you feel when you hear it. Sometimes the melody moves you, sometimes the lyrics, but either way, you get a feeling when you hear it that makes you like it. Many of these songs may not actually be great musically, but it's all about how you feel.

I totally agree wholeheartedly. The reason we love music is because of the way it makes us feel, the events and people it reminds us of, and the experices that we bring into it.

There's as many different varities of the perfect song as there are people. That's one aspect of music that appeals to everyone. Everybody's choice is right for their own reasons.

also,

It's the melody, or the rhythm beat, and the fantastic lyrics, the killer solos, the arrangments,

and that small part called 'gotcha'.

That's the beauty of music. :)

Ill add another question here....

You know that feeling you get in your hear when you hear special words...or you hear that one beautiful note on a guitar or piano. Whats that one song for you? Not one that makes you cry...the perfect song...in your eyes.

I know alot of you arent into Christian Music...but there is a song called Missing Person by Michael W. Smith. Its a great song that really hits close to home with me.

Let me pick a perfect song and break down the components"

The Beatles "Revolution"

1. Power Intro

2. Great Scream (there is debate about who screams, Paul or John...The film of them doing the song shows Paul screaming)

3. Distortion, distortion, distortion

4. Lennon's honest vocal effort..not pretty, but perfect

5. Nicky Hopkins on piano

6. Meaningful lyrics for the time

7. Did I mention distortion?

8. Panting and moaning during the solo

9. subtle feedback below the last verse (with sime reverb)

10. John last scream ("Alright")

Just my opinion.