Fun and Games: guess the band

Batman

you don't seem to be putting up any clues, so heres one

1. Most famous song is actually a cover of a different pop singers song

2. He allready gave his best and has no regrets

3. He has no proffesional training in sing ing.

After reading 2 & 3, I'm thinkin' Paul McCartney but his biggest hits are his own.

In your clue #2, you mention 'No Regrets' which could be "Tom Cochrane." Again, Tom writes his own material.

Hmmmmmm, I'm stumped so far ...

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Male lead singer wears make-up

2. First single was actually a reference to a book by Albert Camus

3. One album's title consisted of the same two words, repeated three times

The Cure?

Am I right, right, right, right (imitating that insurance guy in Bill Murray's "Groundhog Day"). Frig, I forgot that character's name but I LOVE that movie.

:coolio:

Yes, that was quick. Were the clues too easy or are you a fan?

It wasn't easy because I'm not a fan. It was just luck and I'll explain ... the first clue about makeup and your last one regarding the album title. When I went to college several years ago for some upgrading, there was this girl who was really into Robert Smith. I remember her wearing this t-shirt with his pic and she mentioned an album titled "Kiss me kiss me kiss me." So there it is.

Say, are you that girl??

LOL!!

Okay, I guess it's my turn ...

1 - Great classic band - 4 members - their biggest (and first) hit came by accident while jamming in the studio waiting for another performer.

2 - One of the band member's nickname is a name of an animal ... think bird.

3 - The band split up in the early 70's and was just about to make a reunion album later in the 70s but came to a halt after an unfortunate and tragic accident.

:drummer: <---- another clue

• 4 months later...

I'm guessing it was "Iron Butterfly" if you ever come back to posting Beatleant, please let me know if I'm correct.

1.) 60's classic rock group originally from a town called Venice

2.) This band made a legendary controversial appearance on a Television show that also hosted the Beatles in a highly publicized appearance

3.) They had 2 number 1 hits in the 60's, the second one is not as highly recognized by their fanbase

And Izzy rules!! That's when they went right downhill...after the loss of Izzy's bluesy influence....and Axl's complete idiocy. I loved their first four albums, though.

Couldn't agree more miamisammy. :thumbsup:

Stradlin was definitely the core of their early, great sound. Shame he hasn't done much since.

Stradlin was definitely the core of their early, great sound. Shame he hasn't done much since.

Isn't he one of the members of Velvet Revolver now?

I have their new CD & saw one of the videos on VH1's countdown. If he is, then he's the guy with the bald head & goatee. Changed a lot since his GnR days.

Isn't he one of the members of Velvet Revolver now?

I have their new CD & saw one of the videos on VH1's countdown. If he is, then he's the guy with the bald head & goatee. Changed a lot since his GnR days.

Naw, the only ex-members of GNR in VR are Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum. Not sure about the bald one... maybe Dave Kushner.

Good shot, Annabelle!!!

Thanks Edna. :)

Ok, here is a fairly easy one:

1) Released only 1 album

2) Name reflects lead guitarists doubts about the band

3) Drummer subject of common joke

Ok, here is a fairly easy one:

1) Released only 1 album

2) Name reflects lead guitarists doubts about the band

3) Drummer subject of common joke

Looks pretty hard to me, I'm stumped ::

Annabelle?

While I'm trying to guess that one, I'm gonna post one to tide it over

1.) English Group with 4 members

2.) 12 songs on their debut album

3.) Started out in the 60's

Who?

Lol, I had a feeling someone would ask that.

They were a supergroup that only existed for about 6 months in 1969 composed of Eric Clapton (after Cream, but before Derek and the Dominoes) on guiter, Rick Grech on bass, Ginger Baker on drums and Steve Winwood on vocals. They released one self-titled album. I hear they were quite a big deal then and I like a few songs from their album but it was totally unsuitable for this game. My apologies again.

Since Guns N? Roses was a bit before my time I can't say if Matt Sorum has changed a lot or no but he is the drummer for VR now, yes.