Songfactors Fantasy Football

_jr_

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shitting myself -- I've been able to lightly pick off the weak while you were builiding -- but these points now , 115 , on average while your teams have now gelled ... ( baseball de ja vu ) ?!? , These are the boys that 'll end the season, produtively ....Yea, though I linger in the valley of the shadow of death, I'll keep my fingers crossed ! :P The Playoffs are a whole differnt story ! Win once -- move on ; loser takes the fall ! Easily done with a good week .....

• 2 weeks later...

My ! My ! Week 14's biggest excitement may just be Elvish's very possible first victory . She's got a 10 point lead over RJ currently , and it'll come down to Monday's game with RJ praying for a BIG Atlanta def . effort , and an individual one by a defender . Elvish just needs a decent performance from W. Dunn , and it's likely all hers . At least they're cheering for the same teams -- but in different ways .

An outstanding ( and unusual ) day for Vick could just give Carl enough to slip by Sammy if D.Stallworth doesn't do anything . Anyway , A game all 4 of you may want to watch !

Just a reminder that this week there are some games starting on Saturday . Check your rosters to see if you want / don't want guys playing that day , as this week could be tense for those last playoff spots ( after last week's stunners , I'll believe anything ) ! Good luck !

On a side note , I noticed a new feature on the rosters : If you click on the users Yahoo ID ( across from team name ) , Yahoo will give a history using that ID with a person's standings , etc. in all Fantasy games played by them . Neat ! Sammy , JR and RJ have had some good teams - and you can see why I've never proposed a basketball league ! :laughing:

Edited by Guest

No problem , RJ , a pleasure .

Seems we will have a consolation playoff round for the 4 teams who don't make the regular round . If you can keep your interest going for 2 more weekends , you can get some satisfaction out of trying to place well in that .

So , Elvish , you now have a chance to improve your placing , as the playoffs are one game , winner-take-all ( x2 ) , and with a bit of luck , last place can turn to .... seventh or sixth , possibly 5th, even ( I'm being ridiculously optimistic, perhaps , but it is possible ) ! Take another look at your team , if you have time , though I'm sure Xmas is on most minds this week rather than football .

Merry Christmas , all -- and thanks for keeping an interest in the league and making some great ( and goofy ) moves and creating some good machups ! I enjoyed playing against and with everyone .