Songfactors Fantasy Football

_jr_

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Sunday gone , and it looks like the the only remaining interesting match up will be RJ v.s. Elvish , which will come down to Monday night :RJ hoping for a big Atlanta DEF effort , while Elvish will have mixed feelings pulling for both W. Dunn and L.Coles to hit paydirt , and at least twice !

• 2 weeks later...

Week 9 : The Big Crush : Practically everyone who won crushed their opponents this week , with the exception of my matchup with Carl -- I'm in the hole , but gotta hope for a big Indy win courtesy of Harrison ( not #$%& James ! ) Monday night , and a big D from Cato Jones , as well ... :P If James is hot , I'll be joining the list of those who were crushed !

The Scuzz lived up to his name by getting away with murder . Seems Elvish went on holiday or something this week ( Elvish has left the building ! :doh: :laughing: ) , but still managed very decent points considering she had 5 players inactive ... You lucky dog , Sammy ... she coulda had you easily ! }:(

All strategies are irrelevant. I am going to win this championship. Eyegore had the good fortune of playing me on a tough bye week, and still barely squeaked by.

I am out scoring everyone in this league. You can shout about Tomlinson all you want, losers, but the bottom line is Larry Johnson also had 2 TDs and a hundred on the ground as well. My squad is crushing you schmoes week in and week out, and my wideouts aren't even producing.

You're all doomed.

:laughing: Well , I'm glad you guys decided to drop in for a change . I was starting to look like poor Bazooka in the old Picture Wars thread -- posting to himself time -after-time ... :laughing:

As for The Guru : Been there , crushed that --twice , baby ! :shades: :cool: Once Priest Holmes is back ( maybe next week even ) , Johnson won't see the endzone again ... and oooh , boy , talk about bad bye weeks -- wouldn't want your bunch this week !

I have Tomlinson and Gates off this week. Doesn't matter. I'll crush anyway. I'm getting Julius Jones back, as well. I'll just have to go without a TE this week. No big.

What was the prize again? :smirk:

Oh, and by the way, I cut Akers, if anyone wants him. The wheels have come off up in Philly. I get a certain amount of glee watching the Eagle fans at work. This time last year, T.O. walked on water and turned water into wine. Now he's a steaming pile of dog poop. LOL. I told those guys when the Birds signed Owens, that there would be trouble. Out in SF, it was the T.O. show. In Philly, it's the McNabb show. I knew he wouldn't be able to share the stage.

RonJon , as the resident Giants fan , what do you really think of Eli Manning ?

I think he'll be alright and a very good QB. However, after 16 games as a starter over two seasons..his honeymoon period is officially over. He is having difficulty reading defenses and he is throwing wobbly passes that would embarrass a Pop Warner league QB.

He'll get better and better. I don't think he'll have his brothers level of success, but once he, tiki, shockey and Burress really gel...they'll be tough.

You know, he's not making any stupid mistakes. (well, 4 picks on Sunday, but hey, Favre does that every other weekend)

He'll be one of the top 5 in 2-3 more years, as long as he keeps his head on straight.

You have to give the Giants credit for going out and getting Burress for him. Toomer is servicable, but they needed a big time reciever for Manning, you know? And Barber is a gigantic safety net. All the ingredients are there for him to succeed.