Barbeque Sauce

Kevin

I guess I should have posted this earlier in the summer, but there's likely still a few more chances to benefit from this ( or in your oven as well ) , but I want to ask about barbeque sauces : both commercial and homemade . Naturally , in Japan , choices are limited ( mainly Kraft or Bullseye brands ) , and I'm getting a little tired of the same tastes, so I'd like people to post their current favorites ( I know we have alot of regions out there with some good ones , and perhaps I could order them over the net ) or recipies for homemade ones that are particularly good.

As an afterthought , good marinades or rubs would also be welcome .

Thanks . :guitar: :drummer:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for those ! I'll look for it . :thumbsup: :rockon:

Here's a rub which I love --especially for Pork ( ribs , chops ) or Chicken : Good for about 1 lb. of meat :

1 Tbsp chilli powder

1 Tbsp vegetable oil

1 tsp ground cumin

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp red/ cayenne pepper

1 ( or more cloves of garlic ( finely chopped )

Mix . Rub in . Refrigerate 2-24 hours . Great SW taste !! Spread your BBQ sauce on top as well , if you want .

:laughing: :laughing: Hey ! One's gotta eat ... and as the unofficial ' chef du maison ' , I like to do it well and have some variety !! Can't have Kung Pao take-out , or whatever your favorite dish was ( General Tsu , or something ) everynight...

BTW , I liked that show . ::

Coca Cola makes a brilliant sticky, sweet barbecue sauce!

Also, a chili, garlic and ginger rub is nice for pork. Lime juice, lemon rind'lemongrass, cracked black pepper and olive oil makes a good rub for most fish and chicken pieces.

I'll think of more, but I usually make them up as I go along :D

I´m hungry after reading this whole thread... it´s a miracle, I´m never hungry... I´ll have to wake up the "chef du maison" and see what he´s got to offer... :P :P

I love all kind of sauces but I wouldn´t be able to know their names... I just open the fridge and help myself. I know, I´m awfull, even my family is ashamed of me when they take me to expensive restaurants and I order some Coke to drink instead of any good wine...

I hated Coke when I was a kid... actually, that colour and bubbles scared me so!! I discovered coke at 23, I was home alone and my boyfriend had a big bottle of coke in the fridge, I had some hungover and took it all... it really woke me up and ever since then, I drink it.

Sorry, this is a gourmet thread, I know... :angel:

Sorry Kevin, I was really typing in a rush there...

If you soak your meat in the Coke overnight, it softens the meat and adds a sticky coating to the exterior. Adding a bit of thickener in the form of ketchup/bbq sauce/marinade/cornstarch it makes a nice thick, sticky marinade.

I normally use the Coke to make the best Hong Kong chicken ever! :thumbsup:

Sorry Kevin, I was really typing in a rush there...

If you soak your meat in the Coke overnight, it softens the meat and adds a sticky coating to the exterior. Adding a bit of thickener in the form of ketchup/bbq sauce/marinade/cornstarch it makes a nice thick, sticky marinade.

I normally use the Coke to make the best Hong Kong chicken ever! :thumbsup:

OOOh thanks angel, i always wondered what the trick was to get the sauce to stay on...I hate when it all cooks off or slides off...