Musical extinction

Mike

Really? It hasn't changed for 20 years, has it? It's still basically a beat with talking over it, with the occasional theft of a pop song sample.

The format hasn't changed. The lyrical content is more violent now, though. It's always degraded women, that hasn't changed.

As far as disco, I hated it at the time, but now, I can listen to it for the nostalgia it evokes in me. I was 13-14 years old when it was at it's height of popularity, so disco always takes me back to that period in my life.

Also, I professed an undying hatred for the BeeGees and the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, when I secretly thought it was a brilliant piece of original work.

I prefered the Bee Gees before-disco. But then they also did things I like. Barry Gibb did a beautifull record with kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. I know I can be banned for this... And I like Barbra Streissand, I couldn´t say this before. And also ABBA and The Carpenters, which I hated in the 60/70´s but re-discovered some years ago.

And any hit of the sixties, even if it´s Lou Christie... just like Jr, it also reminds me of my first parties.

Really? It hasn't changed for 20 years, has it? It's still basically a beat with talking over it, with the occasional theft of a pop song sample.

That's why I think it's bound for a change. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of it, and because it's been the same so long, once rap is what people are hearing on "oldies" stations, it will lose it's hipness, which is it's main appeal. And the 80's are almost oldies, according to some stations.

DISCO music!! Now that's REAL dance music!! I think that ABBA are one of the best bands ever. It is sad that such a great style of music is dead. Same with punk. The Ramones are just bee's knees in my opinion!! :bow: :bow:

Well, when I said "punk" I wasn´t thinking of The Ramones... :: But you´re so right... I think The Ramones were more than punk... I couldn´t explain why I love The Ramones and I don´t like punk...

ABBA :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

• 2 weeks later...