The Arcade Fire (sounds like the Killers)

furlong19

• 4 weeks later...

i was amazed to see that no one has mentioned these guys yet. The Arcade Fire have really gained a lot of popularity recently in Canada. coming from Montreal, these guys have been touring like crazy over the past year, playing with acts such as Coldplay, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Lou Barlow, Death From Above 1978, the Strokes, and collaborating in a live performance David Bowie. Their debut full length album 'Funeral' recieved universal acclaim - http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/arcadefire/funeral - , you'd be hard pressed to find a better album in 2004. You should be able find it fairly easily. Expect big things from these guys with their somphmore release expected in the next 8-12 months.

yea i agree, other choice tracks on the album are haiti, power out, wake up. such a good album although i will admit i didn't think so at first. it took a few listen throughs to win me over. They also have an EP out released in 2003 - no where near the awsomeness of FUneral, but very good precursor none the less. Choice track of Self titled Ep 'headlights look like diamonds' so damn good...

Edited by Guest

hye, I love the Talking Heads. My FAVORITE Talking Heads song is, drumroll................, "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody). This song rivals my favorite song of alltime, "Summer '68" by Pink Floyd. More to the point, I love, "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) to an unmatched extent that bothered to get Arcade Fire's cover of this timeless song. Its was overall dismal. They removed the flute and obscured the bass. This is why I refrain from listening to cclassi rock covers by Modern Bands such as Arcade Fire.

I LOVE THIS BAND.....

I'm also surprised no one has mentioned them yet - I really think someone must have but ok - neighborhood #3 from Funeral is my favorite - I hadn't heard any of their previous work - someone burnt me a copy of Funeral and said I had to hear them - they were right.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

I've seen them live twice, and they are, for my money, the most amazing live band out there right now. 1st time I saw them was at a festival with about 30 other bands (including Wilco, The Frames, Modest Mouse, etc...), and they were the band everybody was talking about afterwards The 2nd time I saw them, they closed the show by walking up the aisles during the last song and playing an encore in the lobby of the theatre. Insane onstage energy - they jump around a lot and have such an intense presence. Hard to explain.

iTunes just released an EP of 3 songs they played live with David Bowie at a benefit in New York. Check it out. Definitely one of my current favorite bands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

if you're hip, you know about them already, this Montreal nine person band rocks in a very orchestral and indie way, check them out, their album "Funeral" was praised by many critics as one of hte best albums of this decade, because it is so emotional, their new album, Neon Bible, is swell as well, I like it even more.

Wake Up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DEKC5pyOKFU

same song, except with David Bowie!

Rebellion

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6V41qkhU-98&mode=related&search=

Intervention

• 3 weeks later...

Ya know, most "new" bands these days, come and go in the wink of an eye. Seems they have one or two CD's, then just fade away. I think some of that stems from the fact that record companie$ rush them out on a tour before the band can fully develop. They get burned out too quickly. Therefore, I reserve judgment on "new" bands until I see and hear at least a third CD.

Just one thing to say ... BRAVO Arcade Fire. Your third release is as good as the first two in my humble opinion.

I love "Intervention".

• 2 weeks later...