Martha'a Madman?? Earth Band...

jippers

Hi guys,

On the LP "Watch" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band they did a track called Martha's Madman. It is a cover and I can't find who originally did it. Can anyone shed any light on who it was?

Whoever this act is also wrote the song "Captain Bobby Stout" that Manfred Mann's Earth Band did on their self titled LP in 1972.

I did actually find a copy of the original band's music with those two songs on it in a Sydney record store about 3 or 4 years ago and I never bought it and I can't remember who the band is.

Okay, I'll try this chronological order ...

Lane Tietgen was in an 60's band called "The Serfs" which also featured Mike Finnigan. Then Lane wrote a bunch of music for a band called "Jerry Hahn Brotherhood" for which I don't think Lane played in. However, Mike Finnigan did. It was a self-titled release back in the late 60's (I'm sure not the 70's) that featured not only "Martha's Madman" but "Captain Bobby Stout". The band you're looking for is "Jerry Hahn Brotherhood" with the album self-titled.

Hope that helps !!

Ant

Hey thanx for the information.

My favourite LP of Earth Band is Messin' (aka "Get Your Rocks Off" in the US). I love it because it has a cool cover and it was the first one I ever bought of theirs, second hand from my school fair when I was 10.

I since have gotten as many LPs of theirs as I can, starting with the two Chapter 3 albums and then I have them all up until and including "Somewhere In Afrika". My faves though would have to be "Glorified Magnified", "Good Earth", "Angel Station", and "Nightingales".