the REAL Police Academy

PSYCHOcatholic

Well, ive finally decided that i will be goin to the Police Academy when im 21(a year and 4 months). Ive been thinkin off and on for about a year to do this. And i took a civilian ride along with the police officer. I think its gonna be awesome in most parts, although cops dont have it easy all the time. But, i LOVED the ride. I might be doing something in college on Criminal Justice as well. Things are still in the works. But, i have alot of people behind me, its great!

Paul, I'm very proud of you. I know your sense of goodness and fairness will be a breath of fresh air to the police department. But I must say I've always pictured you starring on Broadway. Don't give up on your love of musicals. But please don't tell your fellow officers about your love of musicals...they might beat you up and take your lunch money. ::

Get as much education as you can before you go through an academy. It is easier to do it before you start working full time as a cop and will really be a boon if you plan on moving up through the ranks. I am telling you this because I made the mistake of joining up before I finished my studies. It is 15 years later and I am still not done. Good luck.

Paul, I'm very proud of you. I know your sense of goodness and fairness will be a breath of fresh air to the police department. But I must say I've always pictured you starring on Broadway. Don't give up on your love of musicals. But please don't tell your fellow officers about your love of musicals...they might beat you up and take your lunch money. ::

Haha...i dont think i could ever lose my love of musicals. And in our community there are so many companies that allow me to do a musical here and there. And it depends on my shifts at the precinct. I still see myself in movies or on broadway. If i lost that...i dont think i could ever fill that hole in my heart. Come to think of it, next year ill be trying out for Rocky Horror Picture Show and Suessical!

I'll never lose my compassion for musicals...as long as you dont lose your love and compassion for people! Love you Peaches!

My nephew graduated from the Tucson Police Academy in January and is now a cop with his own beat. During the time that he was in the academy, he came home with a black eye once. He said it's because they literally beat each other up so they can learn how to handle physical violence. There was also an attrition rate of 33%. So be prepared! And good luck! :)