Forever 27

GreenGary

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of ppl can make there own conclusions on this pic. Yes, there is a weird coincidence that they all died at the age of 27, but in the picture they are all in a cafe in the clouds. Kind of like there own Heaven. Jim Morrison is writin music, Janis Joplin looks happy as ever, Jimmy Hendrix seems to be looking over at Kurt Cobain who was the most recent to die, so, he is only right at the door about to enter. The melting clock on the wall holds the meaning that they are gonna be there forever and time has no significance. There are some things im confused about as well though. The Ice Cream sundae, the rose of the floor under the clock. The lizard coming out of the boot on the far bottom right of the painting. The Ball on chain seems to be holding something down, and there are faces in the floor. Some of it is bind baffling, some of it is simple, just take it for what it is.

Oh, another belief could be that Kurt Cobain is standing there maybe not allowed to enter cause he killed himself, and the common belief is if you kill yourself, you go to Hell.

OMG!!! That pics amazing and I can't believe I've never seen it before, though I must say I don't see how you didn't get the lizard reference, isn't it obvious? Jim Morrison used to always refer to himself as "The Lizard King" cool huh? I'm sure that there's even more stuff in there I'll have to look at it some more.

Kurt Cobain who was the most recent to die, so, he is only right at the door about to enter.

Oh, another belief could be that Kurt Cobain is standing there maybe not allowed to enter cause he killed himself, and the common belief is if you kill yourself, you go to Hell.

Looks to me as if he's already entered since he's standing inside. I think because he's the newest arrival that it places him closest to the entrance.

A very imaginative piece and tastefully surreal, reminiscent of Salvador Dali whom I'm sure the artist was inspired by.

• 4 years later...

Alot of ppl can make there own conclusions on this pic. Yes, there is a weird coincidence that they all died at the age of 27, but in the picture they are all in a cafe in the clouds. Kind of like there own Heaven. Jim Morrison is writin music, Janis Joplin looks happy as ever, Jimmy Hendrix seems to be looking over at Kurt Cobain who was the most recent to die, so, he is only right at the door about to enter. The melting clock on the wall holds the meaning that they are gonna be there forever and time has no significance. There are some things im confused about as well though. The Ice Cream sundae, the rose of the floor under the clock. The lizard coming out of the boot on the far bottom right of the painting. The Ball on chain seems to be holding something down, and there are faces in the floor. Some of it is bind baffling, some of it is simple, just take it for what it is.

I agree with the first paragraph, but I dont think he would be standing there not allowed to enter, because he's in hell for killing himself. Wouldn't overdosing on drugs also send you to hell ?