Questions About movies that went unanswered!!!!!

Thumbelina Girl 2007

Questions are good, and even better when they are answered!!! Post your question about a movie here, and see if someone can answer, or at least try to answer your questions!!!! Have fun!!

My question involves the movie Gremlins:

You aren't supposed to feed them after mid-night, but if you think about it, everytime is after mid-night, so what is the cut off time to be considered NOT after mid-night... 6:00am????

What is amusing about that point is that ' after midnight ' comes from the a purely Western superstisious tradition , yet it is related by a wise old Asian ... as though the meaning were Occidental ( though , 12:00am/pm have no supersticial meanings here ) . In Druidic tradition, the rising of the sun dispells the 'power' of the darkness , and , theoretically, should be the proper time to feed the Gremlin . The measurement of time , properly , is a fairly recent invention , merely 500 , or so , years ago ... while the 'powers' of ' the deepness of night ', and the like , are ancient .

What is amusing about that point is that ' after midnight ' comes from the a purely Western superstisious tradition , yet it is related by a wise old Asian ... as though the meaning were Occidental ( though , 12:00am/pm have no supersticial meanings here ) . In Druidic tradition, the rising of the sun dispells the 'power' of the darkness , and , theoretically, should be the proper time to feed the Gremlin . The measurement of time , properly , is a fairly recent invention , merely 500 , or so , years ago ... while the 'powers' of ' the deepness of night ', and the like , are ancient .

:bow: :bow: I'm not worthy :bow: :bow:

Kevin, I have a feeling that I could sit and listen to you for hours and not get bored. :bow:

Here's my question... and it's probably just because I didn't read the books. But I'm wondering what is the significance of Frodo and Gandalf, etc. getting on the boat at the end of "Return of the King"? What does the boat mean? Where are they going? WHY are they going?

You're very kind , Shawna , but , no , I'M not worthy -- I'm generally an ass , or contemplating ways of being one ...

As for your question , I'm not by any means a Tolkien expert , but I did see a clear analogy to King Arthurian lore, which had the Arthur taken away to Avalon upon his 'death' after the battle with his illigitimate son , Mordred , thus saving Britain from the horrors of h and his mother , Morgana La Fae. The 'promise' implied by the lords of faerie , however, was that he would be returned to Britain , if , and when, She needed him most, again . Otherwise , t'was dancing in the moonlight in the kingdom of Faerie . I think the Lord of the Rings was following a similar theme , with Frodo and Gandalf 'rewarded' with a life in that land as it was supposed to be so much more enlightened and marvelous than the world of 'man' , as well as offering near immortality .