Your Photograph

Carl

Nice picture , Ken ! Bet you had a blast there .

Is it just me or does someone else think that the architects of this place and the Louvre should be in a nasty court battle ... ?! ;)

Great period costumes , Lizard - looks like it would be a blast to do a show there - not cheap on the drama budget . Did you play in a school orchestra , by chance ? Were you a first , 2end , etc. violin ? I played principal 2end ... hated it , as we only got to play the melody occasionally , so practicing was often a drag - and unnecessary .

Envisible : lovely picture and interesting setting - where were you , anyway ?

Edited by Guest

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The school doesn't have an orchestra. We just got a district orchestra, but I'm not in it, because the schedule conflicts with theater. Besides, I don't really like to play orchestral music. I play folk music, because you can do so much more with it, especially Irish, which is my specialty.

And yeah, we went all out for this show. It's supposed to be one of the best our school has put on in years (I can't really say, because I moved here two summers ago). Most of my costume was borrowed from a nearby college (along with most of the others). The cloak, tights, and shoes I bought myself. I had a ratty old coat that I wore in the first act that also came from the college.

Envisible : lovely picture and interesting setting - where were you , anyway ?

Thanks Kevin. We were remodeling and I was standing in front of a hell of a mess so I took the pic into psp aka a paint program I have and covered the mess in leaves. Glad you like it.

I used to do online graphic manipulation contests but haven't in years. I used something called psp tubes in that pic.

Oh, btw. I think we know each other well enough now so you can call me Lea ;) Envisible just seems so... formal :)

Were I to do it again , I'd do what you are doing - playing music that I personally like . Orchestras were still popular as school activities in the 70's/ early 80's ( the other option was brass - which seemed even duller ) , but have mostly been phased out by budget cuts and student interest and parental requests, I guess .

My mother's claim that being able to play an instrument would always serve me well rings hollow now , in that as part of an orchestra , bowing the occasional quarter note or the like to accompany the first violins would unlikely inspire many in the same position - especially the 3rd violins / and violas ! Much better to be able to strke up a jig or popular song that all can enjoy and needs little or no accompanyment .

Edited by Guest

Here it's been overshadowed by the band. Football is a religion in Texas, and the marching band is a huge part of that, so there's not really room for strings. So I joined choir instead, which I'm perfectly happy with. Especially since the choir director is really cool, and the band directors are d-bags.

Envisible : On the boards , I almost always use screen names . A habit of mine , and it preserves privacy ( I think ) for those who prefer that . As the site has many new persons looking in , joining and occasionally posting , I find it 'a bit too familiar' to use real names, as these can be misconstrued by noobs - but that's just me .

Thanks for the offer , though . :thumbsup: :)

Ironically , I use my real name as a screen name , since this was the first message board I'd ever joined , and thought everyone would do the same ( except for Star Wars / Comic book wackos )... :laughing: :laughing:

Envisible : On the boards , I almost always use screen names . A habit of mine , and it preserves privacy ( I think ) for those who prefer that . As the site has many new persons looking in , joining and occasionally posting , I find it 'a bit too familiar' to use real names, as these can be misconstrued by noobs - but that's just me .

Thanks for the offer , though . :thumbsup: :)

Ironically , I use my real name as a screen name , since this was the first message board I'd ever joined , and thought everyone would do the same ( except for Star Wars / Comic book wackos )... :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: Then feel free to use Lea it's easier to spell and not my real name. I only use it on the boards.

Thanks edna to me I just look old :crazy:

I love that pic of Tim he's a real cutie.

And Kevin. How did you know that about me. I don't remember telling anyone that :grin: And it's pronounced Lee my mom just wanted to confuse people by not only giving me a very weird name but spelling it weird as well. I still thank her for that :grin: . Lea is the last part of my real name.

well , that's good to know . :laughing: ... and 'Kevin' is just the first part of my middle name , minus three letters , which are then the first part of my surname, which turned into numerical coefficients, via the Kabbala , equals the height of the Great Pyramid in Giza ... Leanne . ;) :laughing: :laughing: :angel:

Harper Lea ?! :cool: :laughing:

Braunlea ?

God ! This reminds me of the Rumplestiltskin story ! :doh: :laughing:

Well I vaguely remember that story as a child and I hope you have someone like whoever it was that told whoever it was what Rumpelstiltskin's name was because mine would be about as hard to guess.

I have only heard it about 3 times in my life and it's never spelled the same.