Your Photograph

Carl

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, in the Cal Ripken photo, I have a mohawk. It was the early 90's and my brother was off fighting in Desert Storm, so my other two brothers and myself all got mohawks and kept them the entire time he was gone, as a show of solidarity between brothers.

Very cute Amy!!

I'm having to cut all the fluff from around our cat, she keeps cleaning herself and because of the amount of fur, she makes herself sick, not just the normal hair balls... I did one side of her, and she got fed up and now is swiping at me and has drawn blood several times on my hands, I give up. She has a bad haircut now, she'll have to live with it until she calms down! :)

foxy I have one cat that constantly cleans himself too...he gets sick also....I found that their are hairball treats you can give them that helps their digestive system...and also, this may sound strange but if you give her a little vasaline on her tongue...or if she wont let you, put it on her paws and she will lick it....this also helps digest the fur....but the treats really do help...check them out.

foxy I have one cat that constantly cleans himself too...he gets sick also....I found that their are hairball treats you can give them that helps their digestive system...and also, this may sound strange but if you give her a little vasaline on her tongue...or if she wont let you, put it on her paws and she will lick it....this also helps digest the fur....but the treats really do help...check them out.

Brilliant Laurie, I will definitely try that out, I feel so sorry for her being sick every couple of days, and also am getting fed up of coming to find she has been sick on my bed }:(

She seems to have been rebelling the last month or so, since I wasn't here for 3 weeks, and only saw her every couple of days, we didn't know whether she was pining. Now I'm back I'm given the silent treatment!!

yes cats are funny that way...when we moved into our new place...we had one cat that went under my bed and didnt come out for three days!...he was really ticked!...but came around after awhile...the vaseline really does work...and so do the treats!...make sure you keep them brushed too, this will eliminate the amount of fur on them also...

Yes, I brush her every day, she still doesn't like it very much. I just bought some salmon flavoured hairball treatment...ooo err...apparently you put a bit on their tongue every day. Worth a try!

Ozzy has done pretty well over the last 3 years, since I got her when she was tiny, the place I used to rent when I first got her was inspected every 3 months (no pets allowed), and every 3 months I would move her out for a few days, to give me a chance to get the house spick and span, and so she wasn't bothered by paint fumes or anything (it was a very damp house and I had to constantly do damp treatments), and also so we didn't get caught out! Although she would sit in the window while I was at work so I'm sure my landlord must have known!! I also moved house lots in the last 2 years, and she's put up with a lot. To top it all off, she's a house cat and wants to be very independent, but we live near a very busy main road, so she has her own space outdoors to play in the sunshine, and a mesh frame over the front door so she gets lots of air.

I keep promising that as soon as I have saved some money (I've not started yet!), we will move again to a safer place and she can play outside...house prices are ridiculous at the moment, well over £100,000 for a one bedroom house in this part of the country, and the rent is reflected with that, how is a single person supposed to manage that, with no other money but their monthly pay! I don't have any potential for inheritance, my parents don't have any money, and can't forsee a job change anytime soon. Arrgghh this is turning into a rant!! I've managed to wind myself up now. LOL :laughing:

I think she also probably is a little annoyed that I mistook her for a male when I first got her...it was so much of a mistake that I booked her in to be neutered, and on the morning of the operation, I had this conversation with the vet:

VET: 'Uuuh Miss Ellis, you do realise your cat will need to be spayed'

ME: 'You spay male cats?'

VET: 'No, we spay female cats'

ME: 'But I've just brought in a male cat, his name is Ozzy and everything...'

VET: 'That doesn't change the fact that your cat is female..'

You get the general idea. They had to show me the difference between males and females before I would let them operate on her.

You'd think I would have known from experience....:laughing:

• 2 weeks later...