Your Photograph

Carl

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I generally agree with what you are saying, but I fail to see how it applies to this thread. I re-read everything, and I didn't see anybody bragging about their looks.

Weren't you the one who was so upset when the picture of the "fat" girls was deleted because you thought no one had a sense of humor? It's okay to make fun of overweight people but us "girls" should believe that beauty comes from within?

Peace be with you, my brother.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder and it's the inner qualities of a person that really brings out the beauty of someone.

Face the reality, TP.

Extremely over-weight is not attractive. Neither is extremely under-weight.

Well? Which is it?

Then why the need to comment on what anyone else says?

A person's reasons for posting their image is theirs, and theirs alone.

If they do it to boost their esteem, that's their business, and no one has the right to question it.

Esteem , in my opinion, has very little to do with it. The overall feeling I get is people post their picture is more for a sense of familiarity. I know what UncleJoe looks like, so I have an image in my mind of who I'm speaking to when we're here. Same with Peaches, Chris, Bluesboy, edna, etc.

The only person who has a right to be concerned about the comments, is the person who posted the image. Period.

If you don't want to compliment someone on their looks, fine. But don't dump on those who do compliment others.

And no one, as far as I know, has ever posted a 1-10 scale along with their image, ever. If that's what you do when you look at someone's image, then all the 'beauty grows from the inside' stuff you posted is null and void.

That's not being nasty. It's just a comment.

Brad, we post our pictures because we just feel like. This isn´t a beauty contest and I don´t think anybody here is looking for a husband/wife.

Of course being physically attractive makes things easier. I don´t look for attractive people when I hire a worker, that´s not my case, but unfortunatelly, and mainly for women, it´s a fact. And it´s men who preffer good looking women. So I believe that if girls care for their looks that much it´s due to the that pression that existed for ages: be pretty or it will be harder for you. And also because we like to be pretty for OURSELVES...

I have always been aware of this, and I must say that I have always been very happy with myself and have always been considered as a beautiful woman. Thanks mom and dad!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But I also have some friends which are not so pretty and have been less lucky than I because the world is still ruled by men. Yet they have that inner beauty that makes them so wonderfull and loved by men too. I know guys also look (sometimes) at other things than body.

And when I see a pretty woman posting her picture I will tell her "Hey, you´re pretty" because it´s true and I want to tell her so.

I love people regardless of their physical looks.

This conversation may be very politically correct etc. but it's a little :sleepy:

I'd like to take this opportunity to inform you that I don't have a good webcam (even the one I have isn't linked to the PC) and until I get one (or get one of my pictures scanned) you will have to imagine a peace sign talking

Visual and Musical Interlude: =:P

gerardo-press-2002-thump.jpg

"Rico Suave" - Gerardo (Sammy)

I don't drink or smoke ain't into dope

Won't try no coke, ask me how I do it, I cope

My only addiction has to do with the female species

I eat 'em raw like sushi

So please don't judge a book by its cover

There's more to being a latin lover

You got to know how to deal with a woman

That won't let go

The price you pay for being a gigolo

There's not a woman that can handle

A man like me

That's why I juggle two or three

I ain't one to commit, you can omit that bit

You pop the question that's it

So again don't let my lyrics mislead you

I don't love you but I need you

Would you rather have me lie

Take a piece of your pie and say bye

Or be honest and rub your thighs

Well, it's ten o'clock and I'm two hours late

I never said I was a prompt date

But you kept persisting that I meet your parents

Huh, they're going to love my appearance

Go and serve the food mom

If you don't hurry

Why's your chin on the floor?

I'm used to good ol' fashioned

Homestyle Spanish cooking

If i try that I'll be puking

Well it's been a pleasure but we got to go :jester:

I actually feel sorry for some of the girls (no one here!!!) at work or at the Bluesfest or whatever, that you can tell have trouble letting go because they are trying really hard to look good and put together. Some of them are so focused on whether men are looking at them, they are not enjoying themselves. And, uncomfortable shoes to be sexy?! NO NO NO. They have to be comfortable and magical, sparkly. LOL

I see that so often in college. Girls wearing tight clothes and high heels. Tight clothes? Who are you trying to impress? It's an ALL GIRLS college... the co-ed one is a mle away (really it is). And HEELS? The place is littered with rocks. The rocks are our trademark - and great places to just sit and relax and be one with nature. And sparkly jeans... and strange teeny tiny bags. So teeny tiny that you're left carrying your books. The bag has all the make up. And the lot of us stare quite blatantly... get a life! You DON'T wear an asymetrical skirt with calf boots in July.

Oh, yes, Radhi!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

And please, somebody explain to me something about sexy high heels... WHO invented it??? I guess men, to see women wear them, because I don´t think no woman would love to wear that uncomfortable item (good when you dress to kill...). I can´t understand how some women prefer to go on high heels when they could walk happily with some normal and comfortable (and pretty) shoes.

Unless you´re a top model and paid for it...

Yeah, I admit I went to school a couple of times on high heels... a couple of times only!!! :P :P