Your Photograph

Carl

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, here is the shot from our Songfacts group outing to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

Songfacts.jpg

I will submit a name key image as soon as I complete that (probably tomorrow,) but I knew some of you were anxious to see the finished piece. Heck, I was anxious to show it! About halfway through I thought, "What have I gotten myself into?" Lots of hours, but I got real joy out of doing this and really feel closer to the people upon whose images I worked. It is that way in portraiture too. I tried as best I could to make the images interact as if we really were together.

This little Photobucket presentation sucks. You really should see this full screen. Every face is identifiable and it would make a good wallpaper option for your monitor. It would probably also print well to about 10" X 15" or 20cm X 30cm. If you would like the full-sized file for yourself, just email me at ron.beam@hotmail.com and I will send you a 2.3MB JPEG suitable for wallpaper or specify a 4MB TIF file to send to your photo lab to have a print made. If you want B&W just let me know. The B&W looks more real because the color variations of all the images I used were from one end of the spectrum to the other, but in B&W it all blends.

I know my original concept was to put everybody in a tee shirt, but the logistics got too mind boggling. Three of the original images were in B&W. I had to colorize those, resize nearly every shot, contrast and hue balance as best as possible all the images, sharpen or soften to a median point ... to clone authentic looking shirts on everyone would have been nearly impossible without taking a great deal of time. I did put a few Songfacts references where there was none. The full sized file shows a lot more details not seen in the photobucket image here.

Wow. Seeing it in the bigger version really makes a difference! I can identify almost everyone. There's actually only 2 that I don't recognize...

Ron, beautiful work... thank you so much for taking the time to put that together! Your sense of humor in the placement of these photos is stellar :grin:

I definitely want to order one! Where should I send the check? ;)

Ron, Maestro... Bravisssimo!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I cannot send you a check (I only have a card... ;) ) but I can send you drawings, brownies, all my friendship and free-translation from/to French and Russian... :laughing:

Now, really... great job. It surely took you some time...

And last but not least...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I also watched the picture bigger and I think there´s four or five I don´t recognise... and I miss Radhi, Fin and Martin... unless they are there... :shades: