Old TV.

PSYCHOcatholic

What were some of your favorite shows that need to go back on air...or that you wish they would start making again. Whether it be something as old as Green Acres or recent like Boy Meets World. Or something that doesnt come on at all anymore that you would love to see on tv again. Remember the good ol days of 10 channels and Flipper. And, if the president was on...your night was shot.

Truthfully, and dont make fun of me.

There was a very old show on when i was younger that i vaguely remember...but i watched everday. It was called "Maya the Bee". Im pretty sure it was a Nickelodeon Kids Show. I miss it. That...and id like to see Full House again.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney Miller

Seinfeld

NYPD Blue

Hill Street Blues

St. Elsewhere

Taxi

The Twilight Zone

Alcoa Presents

Outer Limits

Rod Serling's Night Gallery

The Muppet Show

Commando Cody

Satellite Theater

Captain Midnight

Sky King

Rin Tin Tin

The Cisco Kid

Hopalong Cassidy

Wild Bill Hickock

WKRP Cincinatti

Shindig

Hullabaloo

Hootenanny

Chip Monk's Basement

Johnny Carson's Tonight Show

Ed Sullivan

Steve Allen

Burns and Allen

Jack Benny Show

Smiling Ed's Children's Hour (Froggy)

as old as Green Acres

PC....you just made me feel old. I remember it's premiere! Looks like Uncle Joe got me beat though.

Hey Uncle...do you miss the peacock NBC used announcing the following show will be in color? Also, I remember the delivery of my family's first color tv, an Admiral.

Anyway, the shows I would like to see again are:

Night Court

The Time Tunnel

It's About Time (Imogene Coca was hilarious)

Have Gun Will Travel

The Donna Reed Show (What boy didn't want Donna for a mom?)

Night Gallery

Your Show of Shows ( I saw the reruns once)

I would also love to see the 1969 Mets championship games (Playoffs and World Series)

Brad/ Joe / Jimmy : I 've bought the sets of both "Night Gallery " and " The Twilight Zone " , and while I can honestly say 'they're not too bad' , only about 1 in 5 shows really has that 'edge', now , that made the series' such memorable favorites -- often they are quite cheesy ( though one can see that many of the themes /storylines that were done in other shows originated here , but you will often find that within minutes , you are way ahead of the story and it's rather ruined then , having been rehashed in other forms you've seen before ). I find that one needs to lose themselves in memories of enjoying watching them originally, or in repeats during their ' wonder years ', in order to really enjoy the shows fully . I can honestly see people saying the same about 'The X-Files ' in 10- 20 years , from now ... ' Oh , man ! The first few seasons were GREAT !!! You've gotta watch it --it's freaky !!! '

' Truth or Consequences ' -- Bob Barker

' The Carrol Burnett Show '

and that still elusive genre that no one , at any time, has yet got right : the teenage comedy that realistically portrays , realistically , anyone's ' real' experience and / or behaviors .

The mentions here about the Twilight Zone brought delicious memories of Disney's "Tower Of Terror" ride last week. They crowd you into a dusty, mildly creepy library. The 'bellhop' closes the door, and a small black and white television winks on. A startlingly accurate Rod Serling lookalike then delivers this monologue via the typical tinny old television speakers.....

(Lightning flashes.) "You unlock this door with the key of imagination, beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into . . . The Twilight Zone."

"Hollywood, 1939. Amidst the glitz and the glitter of a bustling young movie talent at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right. A beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that."

(Now you hear a strange high-pitched noise and ominous sounding music. You see a shot of the exterior of the hotel and then an interior shot of the elevator. Lightning hits the elevator shaft and the Twilight Zone music starts playing. The elevator crashes to the ground and the monologue resumes . . . )

"The time is now, on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a maintenance service elevator, still in operation, waiting for you. We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to . . . (And through Disney magic, this last line is delivered in unbelieveable total Surround Sound) ............"The Twilight Zone."

Ken.

KEN! I love, love, love the Tower of Terror! I swear I screamed so hard that a piece of my lung flew out and is now permanently embedded in the ride. Fan-freaking-tastic!

It took me 4 years of going to Disney to work up the courage to go on it. AMAZING! In the room at the start, i accidentally made my brother cry by screaming when the lights went out. ::

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The Rockford Files - Jim Rockford is just the coolest private eye.

Maverick

Cheyenne

Gunsmoke

Get Smart - I don't know if this is the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if this series was the inspiration for The Naked Gun series of movies and Police Squad.

Harry-O - starring David Janssen

The Time Tunnel

The Carol Burnett Show

Laredo

Land of The Giants

WKRP in Cincinnati

Barney Miller

Mannix

Simon & Simon

Designing Women

Murphy Brown

Bonanza

Emergency

Dragnet

High Chapparal

and last, BUT not least... MASH!

Am I the only person who watched Soupy Sales as a kid? The Jerry Mahoney Show? Kukla Fran and Ollie(that one can stay gone, I thought it was dorky when I was 6)? Captain Kangaroo? I loved them!!

Noooooooooo, I watched them, too. Jerry Mahoney was my fave of the ones you mentioned. How about Howdy Doody? Felix The Cat, Farmer Alfalfa?

Noooooooooo, I watched them, too. Jerry Mahoney was my fave of the ones you mentioned. How about Howdy Doody? Felix The Cat, Farmer Alfalfa?

Oh yeah unc!! I loved Felix the Cat, but you know I honestly don't remember Howdy Doody although I'm old enough to. Paul Winchell was the puppeteer for Jerry Mahoney and his freckled buck toothed friend (can't remember his name). Paul Winchell was famous for something else, but I can't remember what.

How about Red Skelton? I loved him!!! :: The skits were great, and he always thanked the audience for thier time and winded up the show with.."and may God Bless". Such a sweet man. A talented painter too! :coolio: