Tom Petty wants to put out more bad music

RonJonSurfer

Isn't one Tom Petty album a year more than enough? He needs to listen to those accountants and lawyers unless he wants a serious drain on his cash flow.

Tom Petty Plans Music Mogul Future

The singer wants to return to the days when bands put out three albums a year.

Rocker Tom Petty is planning to set up his own independent record label because music executives take too long to release his albums.

The singer wants to return to the days when bands like the Beatles put out three albums a year.

He says, "I like the idea of having an independent label because it reminds me of the early days of rock 'n' roll when there were a lot of independent labels, and they were actually driven by people who liked music.

"They were music people, not lawyers or accountants or whatever you have running the music business now."

First of all, Tom Petty doesn't make bad music. I don't think the man is capable of it. Secondly, he doesn't put out one album a year, more like one album every 2-4 years.

I think this idea of his is great news. I've been a Petty fan for sixteen years now and I'll buy anything he releases. He's just that good. ::

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Guys how incredibly freakin' awesome does this sound to you

"And the latest act to sign to Tom Petty's label is midwest alt-rock band Underground Hippy" oh boy that would be awesome, considering my insane man-love for the being that is Tom Petty. ::

I like Tom Petty, I like the Travelling Wilburys and what he did with Del Shannon. They made a nice cover of "Out of time" soon before Shannon shoot himself, and Tom Petty had suggested he could be the replacement for Roy Orbison in the TW. He´s also a good friend.

Homer Simpson at a lyrics workshop with Tom Petty:

Homer: But rock stars are supposed to be about drinking, and getting drunk and boozing it up.

Apu: And girls that have legs and know how to use them.

Otto: And why I can't drive 55.

Tom Petty: You just want mindless, generic rock?

Homer: Precisely