Whats the worse thing about scary movies?

I can tell you what bugs me the most. The stairs are always by the front door. The victim is by his/herself in the house, hears a noise and locks the door. Then two seconds later the victim is running away from the big bad, and tries to open the door, but they cant. BUT THEY NEVER UNLOCK THE DOOR!!!! What do they do? They run up the stairs!

I mean seriously, come on! :doh:

I like scary movies, but one thing that really bothers me is when something in the movie is really scary, because it is mysterious, but then you see the thing fully, it loses it's mystique, and it is no longer scary. For instance, in "Jaws" the shark is really scary, but I think it becomes significantly less scary when the shark gets on the boat, and you can see it all. Or in "Signs" the alien in the cornfield and on the roof is really scary, but once it is in the house in the daytime, and you can see it, it isn't the least bit scary.

I think that anything is scarier at night. I dont like it when they decide to go all defensive and load up with weapons and other equipment, but then when they use something, like an axe for example, they usually dont pick it back up to reuse it... another thing... THEY NEVER DIE!!! scary movies have been being made for years, yet one thing the characters never realize is that the big bad is NEVER DEAD!!! lol

they never seem to get the weapon either...they leave it laying right by the person they think is dead!...

If I heard strange noises upstairs, I certainly wouldn't go up them to see what it was. or if i heard voices saying "GET OUT"...i think i would get the heck out, but noooo, they stay LOL

the cars never seem to start when trying to get away...

but i guess if we didnt have all these mishaps, then we wouldnt have a movie =:P

Don't forget the four bucks for the candy! lol No, what makes seeing scary movies at the theater is when you are sitting near stupid people who find the dumbest things scary. Like a door will shut and they will scream at the top of their lungs. That is sooo annoying. My mom jumps at everything too, like in House of Wax, the dog part, we saw it on the trailor, then in the theatre, she jumped and grabbed my arm at the same spot! I think I might still have a little bruise.. lol

The people that throw popcorn at the back of my head when I make smartass comments in the theater. When I got out of AVP I had so much popcorn thrown at me you couldn't see my hair. It's their fault for going to see a sucky movie that I'm also going to see (I didn't voluntarily go, that movie was freaking awful).

The people that throw popcorn at the back of my head when I make smartass comments in the theater. When I got out of AVP I had so much popcorn thrown at me you couldn't see my hair. It's their fault for going to see a sucky movie that I'm also going to see (I didn't voluntarily go, that movie was freaking awful).

Really? For me, I hate when people who don't like the movie make smartass comments during the movie, if I like it.

Once in a while, the "scary movie" turns out to be...disgusting and boring! (A friend sent a box full of DVDs, and one of them was the Hollywood version of "The Ring.") Not only wasn't this "Ring" not scary, it was...D&B. The protagonists' solution to the problem was pure 1980's, where "looking out for #1" made them no better than Adolf Hitler's best. In the remake of "The Thing," the "last men standing" were members of "the greatest generation" who understood the "the needs of the many." :jack:

the best of all scary movies - and Peaches, based on what you said, you'll agree - is "The Haunting" - the original in b/w. Not the remake. I was just little when I first saw that movie and now I watch it every time I know it's coming on TV. :puppyeyes: