AC/DC for Workouts??

What do you guys like to listen to while working out or exercising? I prefer either modern rock like Creed or Nickelback, or classic rock like the offerings of AC/DC. From AC/DC, a few of my favourite tracks that really make me feel powerful are For Those About To Rock (We Salute You), Thunderstruck, TNT, Walk All Over You and Hells Bells. :guitar:

Funny you mention AC/DC.

I taped the start of Hells Bells (just the tolling bell sound) and then I stop. Then, I let the tape play blank for exactly three minutes and then I stop it again. Then I tape the gong sound and stop yet again. Then, I play the tape blank for exactly one minute. I taped this 5 times exactly like I just explained with the 5th time around allowing the tolling bell to keep playing until the entire Hells Bells song finishes.

Now, I'm sure you are wondering:

What in the hell is Muzik talking about?

Well you see, I'm a martial artist and the first tolling bell is the alarm for when I start, with all I have, into the heavy bag. The reason the tape plays blank for three minutes is this is the time for an average boxing round. Then, when I hear the tolling bell/gong again it's my cue that the round is over. The tape playing blankly for a minute is my minute's rest before the next tolling bell/gong which then has me go into the speed bag for another three minutes. That's the start of round two.

I taped it 5 times like this because 5 three minute rounds of all I got is plenty of warm up for me. Then, I start the real workout, with the radio typically on a 70's channel.

I hope I explained that tape so the people reading this understands but it really is a good warm up to a weight regimen.

Marcus, am I supposed to be intimidated because you are a martial artist? Please... I have something more powerful than whatever martial art you have. I have taken Tai Chi. I could kick your a**, It's just, it would take me six months to do it.....

God I love a good joke.

G'night all.

(giggling) Ken.

:laughing:

Pleasant dreams Ken.

Oh, since Ken has said good night I want to ask a question. Am I the only one that sees a resemblance to Matthew Broderick with just a touch of Lt. Dan (Gary Sinise) in Ken's new avatar?

heads-broderick.gif

10035172.jpg

Not bad, after all, Matthew reeled in one of the sexiest women on TV!

Now, we know what Ken might be dreaming about. ::

Wow, uncanny! Maybe we should rename Ken "Matt Sinise." We'll call you Ms. Ken for short. :laughing: (just kidding!! ;) )

I like to make playlists for running - anything that makes me feel energetic or has a good beat works. My current list includes: Clocks, Romeo & Juliet, I Will Follow, I Drove All Night and some Bare Naked Ladies (I forget which songs ::), to name a few.

Although, if there's a Red Sox game on I like to listen to the game while I run!

I agree about SJP, I never seem to be in the majority when in a group of men discussing who is the cutest/sexiest (*whatever*). And to each their I own I always say - beauty "is" in the eye of the beerholder, ooops I meant beholder

For instance .....

ashleyjudd8.jpg

~be still my heart~

Favorite workout song, well it depends on whether I'm working out my right arm with 12oz weights (fl.oz. of course) or my left arm with 32oz weights (economy size of course) :: Nawwww how about some Led Zeppelin... get the Led out when you put the iron up that is my motto!!

We all have our interpretation of what is appealing.

Mike, your choice is one of my greatest dislikes!

She is everything, IMO, what a true woman should not be. She, in my thoughts, is the proverbial Cadillac body with a Pinto motor. Just look at her eyes. There are many who are as fake as her, but there are none, IMO, who are more phony.

In other words, I can't stand her! ::

:shades:

Musik, It's cool, that's what's so awesome about having difference in "taste". :: You just see things differently than I do. But what's REALLY important is that we respect each others opinions.

HD, you can read my mind cuz it resembles a Dr. Suess book :: haha, but ever since I saw AJ in A time to kill scrubbing that floor all sweaty and and ... is it getting hot in here? ::

So no one told you life was gonna be this way

Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A

It's like you're always stuck in second gear

When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year

But ... I'll be there for you

When the rain starts to pour

I'll be there for you

Like I've been there before

I'll be there for you

'cause you're there for me too.

p.s. Doesn't Ashley sing too?

There are many who are as fake as her, but there are none, IMO, who are more phony.

Oh, Muzik, you are the wind beneath my wings! :laughing:

Ms. Judd irritates me for 2 reasons:

1] She played a woman who was supposed to be from Mississippi in "A Time to Kill" with a Northern accent. This fact would not be so disconcerting if she wasn't from Kentucky in real life.

2] Almost everything I have read about her brings up the fact that she is so intelligent. Any jackass can throw a few polysyllabic words together and appear smart. She may be a notch above some of the amoeba in Hollywood, but I am not impressed.

But she is pretty.

Back on topic, if I worked out to AC/DC, the only part of my body that would be in shape would be my neck from banging my head!

:rockon:

We all have our interpretation of what is appealing.

Mike, your choice is one of my greatest dislikes!

She is everything, IMO, what a true woman should not be. She, in my thoughts, is the proverbial Cadillac body with a Pinto motor. Just look at her eyes. There are many who are as fake as her, but there are none, IMO, who are more phony.

In other words, I can't stand her! ::

I was trying to avoid posting again because I wanted to stay a 'frog'. Frog to flounder is an evolutionary backslide. Then Musik started making fun of Ashley and I had to say something.

I don't like her politics, but in an interview with Bob Costas she was asked about skipping the Oscars to watch Kentucky play basketball. I'll quote her response,

"The Academy Awards are show business, Kentucky basketball is life."

Maybe it was a 'talking point' but I don't care. I've always thought the Oscars and other award shows were just excuses for celebrities to make each other feel important, or liked, wouldn't want to forget Sally's take on the whole thing.

That one statement is enough for me to always consider her to be cool.

"The Academy Awards are show business, Kentucky basketball is life."

Thank you Cindy, for verifying how phony she is.

An honest person, who pursues a career, realizes that it's one of the most important aspects of their life.

In what's-her-name's opinion, her career or fans come in second to a sports broadcast.

Just like her take-it-or-leave-it eyes but I-know-I'm-wrong-and-nervous hand scratching her arm in the above photo, her deceit and spuriousness can not be hidden.

When I worked, it was my life and I enjoyed waking up every day to be a part of it. In 22 years of employment, I only called in sick once.

When I retired, my business associates gave me one of the best days of my life and you can be sure that I never would have said I'd rather be somewhere else watching grown men throw a ball into a net. ::

My theory is, if you're gonna be phony, at least be convincing.

I'm skipping work for three days in a couple of weeks to go back home to see Rush in Dallas. I could see them in Chicago but that date conflicts with another concert I'm seeing in Dallas. Possibly I don't take my career seriously enough either. Fed meetings be damned, markets can go to .... its 30 years of Rush.

And Ashley is way cooler than that horse-faced Julia Roberts. IMO (finally figured out what those initials mean)

I'm skipping work for three days in a couple of weeks to go back home to see Rush in Dallas. I could see them in Chicago but that date conflicts with another concert I'm seeing in Dallas. Possibly I don't take my career seriously enough either. Fed meetings be damned, markets can go to .... its 30 years of Rush.

And Ashley is way cooler than that horse-faced Julia Roberts. IMO (finally figured out what those initials mean)

I agree, nothing, but NOTHING could be more important that Rush's 30th anny tour Cindy!! Curious though, what's the other concert (conflict). Way cool Cindy, your aces in my book, you like Ashley AND Rush! You rock sister!!

And I'm a bit confused as to what in the hell Juila Roberts has to do with our discussion.

They get the same type of roles, usually playing intelligent women and I think Ashley should get more of them and Julia fewer. IMO ::

I really liked her movie she did with you. Are you just bothered there were no love scenes? I'm trying to make a joke unless you really are Morgan Freeman. In which case, are you just bothered there were no love scenes?

For beautiful women in movies, my vote goes to Diane Lane. Other than "Jack" I haven't liked many of her movies and probably only liked that one because Robin Williams was in it. She doesn't get the same type of roles as do Ashley Judd and Julia.

dianelane_c_chair001.jpg

Although, being a girl, I'm probably not the best person to evaluate women's beauty.

I'm glad, Mike, that you've found someone to agree with.

I know, I know...It's about friggin' time huh? 40+ years now currently over 6 billion people in the world!!! and one "ONE" that finally agrees with something I say!!! Some-bich...I guess I can die a happy man now!! :)