Introduce and Frapper Map yourself here

Henry David

Excuse me very much, Edna, but you have friends online right now, and I believe we are much more important. :neener:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They are still there... and now they´re coming into the office room to watch some stuff on the computers... I´ll ask my nephew to look about the zip code for me...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran across this and thought it looked fun: Frapper Map

Add yourself so we can get a visual of where all the Songfactors are :thumbsup:

This was a really cool idea. I got a major kick out of it.

Funny...when you zoom in, you come down to a point that is centered in your town or area. When I zoomed mine..it came down one block from my house..cool.

Google also had satellite maps on their site, you can zoom your neighborhood pretty closely.

Anyway, great idea.

I want to get out of Ca, but I do not know where I want to take my family. I have looked east as well as northwest. I have a few years before I can make the move, though.

Hey Marc,

how about the wide open spaces

West of the Rockies -

Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Western Montana

or

Arizona and New Mexico

maybe

up by Pismo Beach / Santa Cruz

( and the western slopes of the Coastal Mts.)

or outside of Kernville heading north ( the Sierra Nevada Mts.)

One issue is the pace of everyday life

( rural vs. the city )

then

How cold during the winter

( Canadian border or southern border )

My wife was born in Portland, Or and still has family up there. Seattle, too. We have been up there a few times to visit and they are considerations. Idaho and Montana are out, at least for now due to lack of entertainment for my wife! Northern California would be nice, but too expensive. The tentative plan is to sell the house in CA and go somewhere property is not so expensive so we can either buy a place outright or put a large deposit down. I also want to make sure that where ever we go, mixed marriages are not a big deal. You might be surprised at the looks from all sides involved.

I want to get out of Ca, but I do not know where I want to take my family. I have looked east as well as northwest. I have a few years before I can make the move, though.

Alabama is a great place to settle down Marc. Its definitely cheaper than any other region in the States. Safe too! Nothing bad happens here. Alot of engineers live here. Theres a part of Huntsville called Research Park...its all full of companies...and those companies are filled with Engineers.

And you being a cop, there are many opportunities here for that.

When I move, it will be to retire. Maybe I can get a job at Wal-Mart as a greeter. Nothing bad happens in Alabama, huh? Dont you get hurricanes there? Also, my wife is not too crazy about the south. I have never had to think about racial things as far as where I would go until I married my wife. I just dont want to relax and not have any drama. We would definately need to visit first.

Looks like Edna and I are having the old MacOS troubles , again . The international site asks for city ( no postal code ) , but still declares Tokyo an "Invalid City " -- there is some truth in that , however ... :D

It says nothing when I click on "Outside US" but if England is there I guess Spain should be there too... if not, I´m going to look for the place I was born though I haven´t been in Buenos Aires for 32 years now...

:):)

My wife was born in Portland, Or and still has family up there. Seattle, too. We have been up there a few times to visit and they are considerations. Idaho and Montana are out, at least for now due to lack of entertainment for my wife! Northern California would be nice, but too expensive. The tentative plan is to sell the house in CA and go somewhere property is not so expensive so we can either buy a place outright or put a large deposit down. I also want to make sure that where ever we go, mixed marriages are not a big deal. You might be surprised at the looks from all sides involved.

An beach villa in Greece/Spain -- you'll be retired and can learn the language--though you may not need to , and I've been told they are not too pricey , or Guam/ Hawaii --easy for U.S citizens .

Nope . No can do -- thanks anyway , Katie . Maybe Edna'll figure it out ...

Should we see a map , or something before the info box ? I have a big blank space , some menu commands and scroll down to the box --- but mainly, the page is completely white / blank ...!? :P

• Carl unpinned this topic