Introduce and Frapper Map yourself here

Henry David

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

My name is Roisin (pronounced Ro-sheen - it's Irish for Rose where my parents are from and where I lived in my teens)

I work in the fiance industry (yawn) and am starting a new job in Canary Wharf on Monday - I was made redundant from my old job in July after they sent the work out to India.

God I sound so bloody serious don't I? :blush: (I'm not!)

my hobbies include, useless trvia, pub quizzes, getting drunk with my friends and all that other stuff like reading, theatre gym and laughing at chavs (or trailer trash as you guys over the pond call them!)

I also love animals, have been vegetarian since I was 11, despise people who wear real fur, try to avoid wearing leather and only wear make-up and perfume that is not tested on animals.

I'm mad about 1960's garage rock

I also like The Fall, The Smiths, The Bees, The Dead-60's, The Violent Femmes, Nina Simone, Dinosaur Juniour, Primus, Nine Simone, Motown, Doo-Wop, Bob Marley, The Clash, The Specials, Can, The Byrds, The Standells, The Creation, The Go-Team, The Seeds, the 22-20's, Arcade Fire, Franz Ferdinand, The Flamin'Groovies, Neutral Milk Hotel, 13th Floor Elevators, Mando Diao, Kasabian, The Kinks and much much more (I'm going on aren't I? Blah Blah Woof Woof)

I cannot stand The Feeling - to those who don't know them you are lucky, they are a shite British who churn out painfully wet tunes with crap lyrics like 'I love it when you call but you never call at all' - they get played constantly here.

I am also getting driven mad by a song called 'Same Jeans' by a band from Dundee called The View

It gets played here ad nauseum at present and is a shameless rip-off of 'Brimful of Asha' by Cornershop,

Glad I stumbled across here, seems like an interesting and friendly place

I will sort out a more flattering picture of me for the photo thread soon.

• Carl unpinned this topic