Introduce and Frapper Map yourself here

Henry David

Greetings all! :)

My name is Annabelle. I recently turned 16 and just started 11th grade. Born in Alliston, a small town in southern Ontario, Canada, but just moved to Stoney Creek, Ontario a town about 45 minutes south of Toronto near Hamilton. Don?t have any means to upload a pic but I have long, chestnut brown hair and brown eyes and am about 5?8 and 115 lbs.

I live at home with my father and mother and a brother a year older than myself.

My mother, who had been suffering stomach problems, pain and such, experienced what I can only call a miracle: after many useless tests and treatments both pharmaceutical and alternative, she was divinely healed one night during prayer of, what we think, was a stomach tumor. Ever since I have been seeking to know more about God, His Word, the Bible and myself, who I am and what I should be while contemplating life in general.

I greatly enjoy listening to (and learning about) music, chiefly classic rock but I love discovering different bands and styles. I am learning to play the piano and hopefully one day the guitar while trying to write a few songs myself. Other pastimes include watching movies and reading, especially older novels like Don Quixote, Anna Karenina and Vanity Fair and educational stuff like National Geographic.

I enjoy hanging out with my friends and my dog and spending time with my family: I go shopping with my mom sometimes and play golf and bike ride with my dad. A lot of times though I just like to be by myself, writing, drawing or hiking.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, I get decent grades because frankly, I'm not good at retaining information, and I'm slow at everything. My teachers when I was young told me I was really creative and took a different approach to thing than anyone the had seen before. So that is my theory on why I suck so much at conforming to the real world. My grades I guess aren't that bad. I did horrible in middle school, I usually got Bs and a few Cs, even a D once. In high school I have had all As and a couple Bs. And Daniel, the picture is a car bumping into another car. I've taken a liking to bumping threads with pictures of bumps. I bumped a few with a picture of a speed bump, and I think there was one I bumped with a photo of a tumor or something like it. Boy, I love Al Stewart. How do people hate him? Year of the Cat rocks!!! :rockon:

Like most people here, I have probably told you lot plenty about myself already, but in brief:

My name is Iain, I am 38 years old and married with three young kids. My wife and my family are the most important things in the world to me, but sometimes I need a bit of 'head-space', and Songfacts provides just that.

I was born in England, but moved to Germany at the age of two. I lived on an army camp for six years, then returned to England. I left school at 16 and had a variety of jobs, culminating with my present position as a self-employed town planning consultant, which sounds a lot grander than it actually is, believe me.

I am 5'9, average build, not overweight but starting to 'fill out' a bit, and of reasonable health. My hobbies are few nowadays as my life revolves around the kids. I used to travel a bit, and have been to places I can't pronounce let alone spell. One of my aims as a parent is to enable my kids to see enough of the world to have broad perspective prior to leaving the nest.

My vices include playing with motorbikes, binge drinking when I get the chance, and roll-up fags (in private). Like most of the older people here I suspect, I have had other vices in the past, but now have sufficient common sense to avoid them.

I am generally cheerful except when overstressed. I am not a great 'mixer' and collector of friends, as I am happy with the ones I have got.

I don't have religion. I remember as a kid going to the Regimental service each Sunday to hear names of people killed by the IRA, then in the next breath having to praise God for something or other. This put me off.

Enough I think, as you probably stopped reading this long before.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hey y'all, welcome me to your site! I am a 25-year-old living in Chicago, originally from the mean streets of Gary, Indiana (yeah, the Jacksons were my neighbors-psych!) Anyway, people often think that because I am a hip-as-hell young black man that my musical knowledge is confined to rap. Well, as a matter of fact, I think that most rap is crap, and my musical knowledge is pretty deep. (My father is a working jazz musician and my uncle is an ex-hippie who introduced me to James Brown and Aretha, as well as Hendrix and The Who.)

Well, enough about me. Let me know who I'm dealing with here. Not necessarily your life story ('less you want to) but tell me what music you like. (nice to meet you!) :thumbsup:

Hey chimp nice to meet cha. Welcome to Songfacts. You'll find everyone here is pretty cool. Nobody ever gets stupid(oops, I mean almost never), and you'll find a lot of nice, smart, music savvy people around here. Most everyone that arrives here stays. If you can talk music at all you're in like flynn. If you can talk blues or the stones(you've already mentioned Jimi) you're in with me. And there's enough Who fans to appreciate another. Being pretty doesn't hurt! I'm kidding!! Welcome. ::

Hey Windy, who you calling "not stupid"? Speak for yourself. I'm as stupid as they come. :laughing:

Anyway, nice to meet ya, chimp. I, too, am a major Stones head....seen 'em 14 times. But I also love the Kinks, the Who, Zeppelin, Kiss, Rush, Hendrix, Floyd, Alice Cooper, the Smithereens, Cheap Trick and Urge Overkill (these last two are from your hometown...got their start there, anyway).

Also, Windy is a St. Louis Cardinals fan, and I am the biggest Boston Red Sox fan in the world. This could get uglier later on during the week. So, enjoy it while you can. Rock on!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :jack:

Hi, Chimp! Nice to meet you. I, too,think that most rap is crap. I do consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to music, and I'm always glad to be here in the company of so many smart people! My taste run the gamut, I'm comfortable and at home with almost every genre, and my cd collection is a great testament to that. LOL. I'm like the rebel in my circle of friends. Hope you have as much fun here as I do!

OK you are welcomed. The site definitely could use some young, hip blood. Now I am a sporadic contributor, but I have found the people that post here to be pretty damn savvy, and funny too. I think it's great that your family influenced your musical knowledge. My older brothers exposed me to the great music of the 60's, and I had an uncle who hipped me to jazz and blues. I have a great appreciation for all types of music (though I must admit that contemporary country leaves me cold and rap seems pretty stagnant to me.) I really like the Beatles, Zappa and Hendrix, etc., etc, but I also really like 70's soul and mellow acoustic, acid jazz and funk, folk, blues of all types, "new wave" (Elvis Costello is one of my all-time favorites), as well as the so-called alternative stuff of the modern era.

So there I'm an eclectic fool who just loves good music. And you (though you're so damn young) seem to have similar instincts. Enjoy the site! (And please do not take offense but I have to say that your career choice as a model (per your bio) seems to be right on judging by your pic. :o)

Welcome to Songfacts, chimp!

Hope you enjoy it here, there are plenty of cool, friendly people and diverse musical tastes. I personally enjoy artists like the Beatles, The Who, AC/DC, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin to name a few. But I'm open to many different genres and their artists whether it be rock, folk, blues, big band, classical etc. Anyways nice to meet you. :)

• Carl unpinned this topic