MTV Award nominees announced (yawn........)

RonJonSurfer

U2 Nominated for Five MTV Video Music Awards

MTV: Music Television announced the nominees for the "2005 MTV Video Music Awards."

Green Day topped the list with eight nominations, six nods for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and two for 'American Idiot.'

Gwen Stefani and Missy Elliott follow with six nods each and U2 nabbed five nominations.

The 2005 VMAs will broadcast live from American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL on August 28 at 8pm ET.

It was also announced that multifaceted entertainment powerhouse Diddy will host the 22nd annual awards show.

In addition, Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, and Green Day have been announced to perform. West will debut a single from his highly anticipated sophomore album, 'Late Registration.' Pop superstar Clarkson will perform a song from her multi-platinum album, 'Breakaway.' Top nominee Green Day will perform a single from their multi-platinum album, 'American Idiot.' This is the first in a rapidly growing list of performers and celebrity guests to be announced for the star-studded event.

Also, for first-time, the VMAs will be scored with original music composed by hip-hop superstar producer Lil Jon and producer Mike Shinoda, of 3x VMA winner Linkin Park, whose side project 'Fort Minor"'is being released this winter. Viewers will get a chance to download the original music as ringtones exclusively on MTV on their Virgin Mobile phones.

Some key elements of the show were also teased. With water as an underlying theme, the most massive and elaborate water effects ever produced in an awards show will be engineered in the arena by the same production company that erected the fountain in front of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.

Also, there will be live performances staged at remote locations to showcase key locales around Miami. In the center of the arena, five performance stages will be built and will be surrounded by over 1000 audience members made up of South Floridians.

Similar to last year, celebrities will arrive in their extravagant yachts, and will also pull up in their personally owned tricked out cars staging the first ever car show extravaganza on the red carpet.

As the celebrities arrive, viewers will get tours of these cars from the talent themselves. The pre-show has been extended to two hours to fit in all the anticipated action.

Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care

Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care

Jimmy crack corn,

and..

I...

don't...

care!

Do you remember the hobo singing that in "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure?" Pee-Wee enthusiastically starts singing americana type songs with the hobo. The hobo continues to sing with gusto and Pee-Wee starts getting bored. His expressions are classic...finally on the last big chorus of jimmy Crack Corn, he leaps off the moving boxcar to escape the songs.

Maybe you had to be there.

Sorry, RonJon, I don't remember that. I never watched Pee Wee's Playhouse. I don't know why, because it seems like something I would have loved.

I always sing Jimmy Crack Corn when I don't care about something. My friends know when I start the JCC countdown (and a one, and a two, and a one, two, three, four), they are in for some enthusiastic vocal stylings. ::