Bring back your favorite Sit Com

Uncle Joe

Laurie wrote:

does anybody remember the show "SOAP?"....I loved the guy with that dummy....it was hilarious..

Remember it? I never missed an episode and I laughed my @$$ off every episode. :laughing:

I used to own all 4 seasons on VHS but sold them on eBay. I recently bought season 1 & 2 on DVD and will be buying season 3 soon & season 4 as soon as it's released.

Visual Interlude:

Soap.jpg

Laurie, the ventriloquist with the dummy was Burt Campbell's son Chuck and his dummy's name was Bob.

I think the major made me laugh the most with his war flashbacks. :laughing:

Great show! :thumbsup:

"All In The Family " : though that isn't going to happen anytime soon . I think the equivilent could be made now , however , as the Boomers are as alien to their children as Archie and Edith were in AITF ... though , don't tell THEM that , as they like to fantasize that they are ' with it ' and 'hip ' ... but if Rogerwaters/ Aunt Acid's comments are any indication -- hoo boy !

To be honest, I'd like to walk over to The Brick, sip some Moosehead beer, and hear "Chris in the Morning" on KBHR AM once again in Cicely, AK. However, a trip over to Niagara Falls and the "Wonderfalls" curio shop with the stressed out "Jaye Tyler" talking to various animal figurines would be almost as good. Otherwise, a trip "up and down the dial" in Cincinnati at WKRP with "Dr. Johnny Fever" and commentary by "Les Nessman" would do this old TV viewer fine. (How many "Silver Sow" awards did Les get over the years?) :afro:

Laurie wrote:

Remember it? I never missed an episode and I laughed my @$$ off every episode. :laughing:

I used to own all 4 seasons on VHS but sold them on eBay. I recently bought season 1 & 2 on DVD and will be buying season 3 soon & season 4 as soon as it's released.

Visual Interlude:

Soap.jpg

Laurie, the ventriloquist with the dummy was Burt Campbell's son Chuck and his dummy's name was Bob.

I think the major made me laugh the most with his war flashbacks. :laughing:

Great show! :thumbsup:

Oh Yeah...thanks for the info Brad...I loved it!....especially when I think it was Burt that talked to the dummy like it was real...great stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Taxi's not on there! Neither is The Cosby Show....not that Cosby doesn't have its faults, but nowadays, parents are sooo ruled by their kids on TV, it was nice to see parents who held their children accountable for their actions. I love the one episode where they make Rudy and Vanessa live in the basement until the repairs to their room (Which they trashed with their constant fighting) is done.

I guess I would vote for Cheers or Seinfeld in that poll, though. I like those shows as well.