OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an unsolicited testimonial from UncleJoe. (I hope you don't mind me airing your testimonials in public Joe). :grin:

Attention: Katie Sane and I have decided to team up for the quiz and we invite all of you to find partners and announce your teams here.

I can't put what Katie said. I sort of remember words like "lousy bums", "we'll kill them", "no chance" etc. etc. :blush:

We may have Don King promote this yet.

;)

Grab him someone ! He has a GREAT knowledge for a young feller.

Like Katie. Hard to believe she's just turned 21.

HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON - OR WE HOPE TO HAVE GO ON..........

I was going to start the QUIZ in November, but I sense some restlessness out there SO....

How about a TEAMS OF TWO QUIZ (DYNAMIC DUOS) in the meantime ?

It would probably make sense to team up:

*Older and younger people; would know different eras.

*People in different time zones AND

*People who work "odd" hours and "regular" hours

as one may know the answer when the other isn't On Line.

*Good googlers with people like me who can't find things on the Net

WHAT DO YOU THINK ? Want to do a bit of private "lobbying" and nominate your team ? I'll start the Questions when/if we get enough people to make it a contest.

:drummer:

P.S. I tried to send private messages to many of you, but I'm hopeless at this new system.

Apologies to those who haven't received one. Can those who did please spread the word !

ALSO, rather than posting ideas on a private thread, please give us your input HERE.

CURRENTLY WE HAVE 3 TEAMS -

Katie and UncleJoe

Shawna and Brad

Edna and Laurie

:):):)

Spectacular, Old Fitty. I'd like to be someone's partner. If I had a nickel for everytime I've said that...I'd have about a buck thirty five. Just kidding. I haven't fully woken up yet. Is woken a word or did I just make that up? Why am I rambling?

FOCUS, PEACHES!

Anyhoo, I'm around here during the day in the eastern time zone, so if there was somebody around during a different time, I'd love to partner up with you. Paul, if you check in during different times of the day, we can buddy up. But you've got to be focused, young man. I mean business when it comes to "The Quiz". Don't sing it, bring it. And whatever other pseudo-intimidating phrases one might say in a situation such as this.

Apparently I have verbal (or typal) diarrhea this morning. Please forgive me.

Thanks Peaches. That's encouraging. I LOVE your motivational speech. I reckon you and I would be ultra competitive and NEVER give up. :)

I haven't exactly received an avalanche of replies, so we'll see what tomorrow morning (Oz Time) brings.

No one should be afraid to have a go.

Let me be the first to admit that I know very little about a lot of Music. I just try to make the best of what I DO know.

:P

I need a partner. I would have loved for it to have been you, Peaches.....yeah, and also for THIS game....but it appears you're throwing me over for some young stud....the story of my life.

Anybody need a partner? Just ask me. I'm available Mon.-Fri. 8-4:30, occasional nights, and on most weekends. I'm a seasoned veteran in Old55's quizzes, and a past champion. My Googling skills are excellent. I have three years of college, and over 25 years experience in the workforce. I work well with other people, am very ambitious, and would step on my grandmother's head if I thought it would help me further myself. Please respond on this thread, or send me a private message in confidence.

Thank you.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :drummer: :drummer: