OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

Many Happy Returns Katie. I hope you had a great 21st. Tell your Uncle he has good taste but it's not Rufus walking the dog this time.

No correct answer for Q1 yet either ! No one said Linda Ronstadt yet - she covers everyone's songs, but I love her - although it's not her.

:P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Edna, but she might not know who covered his songs ! Get her to mention a few of his Big Hits to you, and you might know someone who's covered one. (Although a few people have covered JM's song I'm thinking of).

Goodnight All. Bedtime for me. :sleepy: :sleepy:

Sorry, not Dion Katie.

Walking The Dog and Under The Boardwalk were a double sided Hit record for the Stones here in Australia in 1965, but NOT in the U.K. or the U.S.

I don't think they were released as singles there.

They're hard to get, because you don't see them on any "compilation" CDs.

Night !

YAY! I got one! :D I didn't know which Steve Lawrence one but I thought I'd guess anyways.

I actually tried to get Walking The Dog by the Stones and couldn't. It is weird how they put the albums together differently for different parts of the world.

:sleepy:

Edited by Guest

I'll update the points tomorrow.

Here's a replacement

QUESTION 1

WHAT do these songs have in common?

El Condor Pasa

Space Oddity

Ballad Of John And Yoko

:P

QUESTION 2. (CURRENT)

QUESTION 2.

This singer wrote and performed an R & B Classic in the 50s, later covered by one of my favorite bands over a decade later. Do you know him ???

3.jpg

Goodnight All.

Walking The Dog and Under The Boardwalk were a double sided Hit record for the Stones here in Australia in 1965, but NOT in the U.K. or the U.S.

I don't think they were released as singles there.

They're hard to get, because you don't see them on any "compilation" CDs.

Actually "Walking the dog" was released on their first British album, and "Under the boardwalk" is on "Rolling Stones, 21x5", also British version. It´s a real mess as they don´t have the same songs on the same albums depending where they were released...

I was about to post my last guess, a hit called "I need a crystal ball (To read Darryl´s mind)"...

..."if you could read my mind love, what a tale my thoughts would tell"

That's interesting about those 2 songs. Thanks edna. Maybe Australia was one of the very few places they were released as a double sided 45 rpm Single ! Wish I had it.

:)

That's interesting about those 2 songs. Thanks edna. Maybe Australia was one of the very few places they were released as a double sided 45 rpm Single ! Wish I had it.

My single (bought in the mid or late sixties in Argentina) had "Paint it black" and "Under the boardwalk" :stars: So you see...

And the album was more than "21x5", I believe it was "25x5"'????:P

Edited by Guest

Q1 the name of the titles dont appear in the song????

:coolio: THAT'S IT ! CONGRATULATIONS LAURIE !!! :coolio:

My next clue was going to be "it's what's NOT in the songs" but you didn't need it.

Q2

That's

Screamin' Jay Hawkins

I Put a Spell on You

later covered by Creedence Clearwater Revival

:coolio: HE'S THE MAN ! CONGRATULATIONS BLUESBOY !!! :coolio:

He was a wild man on stage apparently. I'd really like to see some footage of him.

UPDATED POINTS

edna 61

Laurie 55

Brad 36

bazooka 33

jr 30

miamisammy 28

Shawna 26

katie 23

UncleJoe 15

bluesboy, Peaches 9