OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're too kind Laurie.

O.K.

Simpsons fans (or Googlers) should get this. :thumbsup:

In one episode I saw The Who visited Springfield. Homer presented them with a list of songs to play, but they were by another Band.

Which Band???

(I'm not an avid watcher, so there could be more than one Who episode of course).

:)

You're too kind Laurie.

O.K.

Simpsons fans (or Googlers) should get this. :thumbsup:

In one episode I saw The Who visited Springfield. Homer presented them with a list of songs to play, but they were by another Band.

Which Band???

(I'm not an avid watcher, so there could be more than one Who episode of course).

I remember that one, the guys at home saw it at least ten times... :laughing: Homer wants them to play for the New Springfield after they decide to separate the city in two, or so...

But I don´t remember about the other band´s songs, some avid Simpsons fan should know...

I used to watch The Simpsons religiously, but my girlfriend is a non-believer.

Is it Google or is it Memorex ? (memory ?)

--------------

Homer: Now, these are the tunes I want you boys to play.

Roger: Wait a minute. Homer, a lot of these are Grand Funk Railroad songs.

John: We don't know Pac-Man Fever.

Homer: Oh come on, it plays itself. (grabs Pete's guitar, and strums randomly) Ah, Pac-Man fever, ah, doo-doo-doo-doo, it's a-drivin' me cra-a-a-a-zy!

Look, Lisa! Daddy's in The Who.

-------------

If it wasn't for Google, I'd be another Homer.

Elsewhere in the episode, Homer says "What happened to the angry, defiant Who of My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again, and Mama's Got a Squeeze Box ?".

Laurie, I'm sure I should know that Group. I think I have them on a Video collection of 1960s Hits, but it's 500 miles away.

Packing and looking for my reading glasses today (Thursday) - typing this a couple of feet away from the keyboard - , leaving tomorrow, home Saturday for lunch. See you later.

I found my reading glasses OK. (Now I can't use "can't see properly" as an excuse).

You've got me pretty well stumped Laurie, but never let it be said that I wouldn't have a go. Gotta be in it to win it.

Could it be an early version of THE MOVE (although I can't see anyone who really looks like Roy Wood there).

Guess #2: AMEN CORNER - but I think they had more than 5 members.

:):)