OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remembered the guy with the cello and the other with the congas, and a girl singing, though they were a little more hippy looking in those magazines I used to read when I was a teen... I know pretty nothing about them...

This one... I had to erase the main clue!!! ;)thepic6ij.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi Edna Sweetie.

That's a very young Eric Clapton with a group called The Roosters. (I won't bore everyone with a link to info. on the Net about them).

I pass it back to you !

;)

Should be home next weekend. Val's got the virus now too in a milder form, so at least one person in the family has been ill while we've been here, i.e. had a wog (as I told Shawna), been crook, sick as a dog, etc.

:P

Well, that´s half good news... great to have you back, Darryl, and by then your wife will be OK and the virus will be history.

So next week it´s going to be complete good news! ;)

The guy in the right is Tom McGuiness... see, we´re trying to kill the withdrawal as we can while you´re not here... :laughing:

I´ll wait till someone decides if they want to post a new one... or maybe I´ll do it myself... :shades:

Eric Clapton joined his first band, The Roosters, from Oxford, in 1963. It was Tom McGuiness´ band and co-founder members Brian Jones and Paul Jones had already left (Paul Jones joined with Manfred Mann). They were together for six months and did some gigs in London.

Edited by Guest

The Left Banke!

...Walk Away Renee...good tune!

I said The Chain Reaction!!! Now I see... wrong band, right singer! I recognized Steven Tyler but never knew he was the singer for that record!!

What you talkin' bout, edna?

The singer was Mike Brown (real name: Mike Lookofsky).

You´re right, Steven Tyler doesn´t sing on "Walk away, Rene"... but he´s on the picture you posted, I guess? And he also did some vocals on other songs by The Left Banke...

Am I wrong? ;)

Oh oh... seems I am... the guy in the bottom isn´t Steven Tyler... or is he??? In any case, he did some vocals with The Left Banke...

Edited by Guest