OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say Badfinger, but someone else always says them. Also there's no Pete Ham there and their hair's too short.

Looks like a "British Invasion" band. Not the Tremeloes, is it? No, I think they stopped wearing suits after Brian Poole went solo.

Thanks for the enthusiastic reception Brad & Laurie. AND Edna !

:)

Edited by Guest

Hi Joe and Shawna. :)

There were 5 members of the Box Tops,sounds good otherwise; and there's no Peter Noone (Hermans Hermits) in the pic.

That little devil Laurie has me thinking. I've been on the go all day supervising Val packing, but now I'm going to have a good think about who(m) it may be.

I'll guess the Mindbenders from the clues - although their Hits were 65/66 - that's not late 60s, but there was only 4 of them. I don't know what they look like. Gee, a couple of those guys in the photo look familiar I'm sure.

:P

I knew I'd seen that pic before. I just found them in my "N.M.E. (New Musical Express - the Top U.K. music mag) Who's Who Of Rock And Roll" book; it's The Troggs. Not the pic Laurie used, they're a little bit older in the one in my book, but definitely them.

I wouldn't have gotten it without your clue though Laurie.

:)