OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

jr I first used it, and other material, in questions I used to ask in Random Music Thoughts before you suggested starting a separate thread for the Quiz. I didn't coin the phrase "Common Links" though.

Let me add that it doesn't bother me. The more threads that get people participating the better !

:P

I just noticed KISSing Fish. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can I have an ELVer (young eel) ?

:)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure Brad. Could be him older and fatter I suppose. I'm about 50 or 60 pounds heavier than I was in the 70s. Here's another pic of Johnny Nash taken (I think) late 70s/early 80s.

10.jpg

I don't suppose it's Charley Pride gotten older ?

If he just had his mouth open we could look for a gap between his front teeth !

Something about this guy's (in the question)eyes that looks familiar, but I can't place it. From the way Laurie worded the question it sounds like he's a solo singer and not a group member, do you think ?

:P

Good on you Mate. No way I'd have gotten that. :thumbsup:

"Drift Away" is a great song, Laurie.

I didn't even know Dobie Gray was black , and I think of him as more of a 60s Artist ("The 'In' Crowd", as bazooka illustrated - although I like the Ramsey Lewis Trio version better).

:)

Don't worry about if your posting in this thread bothers anyone. :thumbsdown:

Some of us look forward to your answers as well as your questions! :thumbsup: :bow:

NO!!! sad-smiley-023.gif

I never in a million, gazillion years meant for anyone to infer that I didn't want my precious Old Fitty to answer. I love him with all my heart and he knows that I want him to be with us as much as possible. I was just commenting on the confusion of all these threads...you know, up is down, left is right.

I'm going to curl up in the fetal position and sob hysterically. sad-smiley-018.gif

Peaches wrote:

NO!!!

I never in a million, gazillion years meant for anyone to infer that I didn't want my precious Old Fitty to answer. I love him with all my heart and he knows that I want him to be with us as much as possible. I was just commenting on the confusion of all these threads...you know, up is down, left is right.

Thanks for the clarification, Peaches.

Thumb flipping back up again. :thumbsup:

Sometimes things sound different to others than what the speaker intended. Sorry. :doh:

I'm living proof of that. I put my foot in my mouth constantly. =:P

BTW, I love the jaw-dropping graemlin. :coolio:

Ok, thanks, Laurie. :)

Here's a new question:

In the 80's, an artist recorded a cover of a hit song but it didn't even crack the U.S. Hot 100 chart.

Six years later, a live version of this song by the same artist hit #1 on the U.S. charts surpassing the chart position held by the original artist/group.

Who is the artist and what was the name of the song?

In the 80's, an artist recorded a cover of a hit song but it didn't even crack the U.S. Hot 100 chart.

Six years later, a live version of this song by the same artist hit #1 on the U.S. charts surpassing the chart position held by the original artist/group.

Who is the artist and what was the name of the song?

"Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" - George Michael

:afro: :afro: :afro: :confused: :confused:

MiamiSammy29 wrote:

"Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" - George Michael

Good guess, Sammy. It earns you an honorable mention.

George Michaels live version duet of that song with Elton John did hit #1 and surpassed the original version on the U.S. chart by Elton but that live version was released in the early 90's.

Think 80's. :thumbsup:

Oopsy, my fault. :doh: I should have mentioned that the version released 6 years earlier and the live version both were in the 80's span. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Guest