OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides a nutsack?

Sweet Jesus, daslied has been hanging around here too long...he's turned into a vulgarian like the rest of us. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

And yes, I know they John and Yoko are naked on the cover and you really can observe the nutsack in question, but it was the way it was worded that threw me off.

Edited by Guest
To clarify my point.

Wow, was that actually the right answer?

OK, searching for title, musician and song subject:

This artist (visual) was further immortalized in a song by a rock legend; said legend instructs the recording engineer on the proper pronunciation of the artist's name just before the song starts. 1970's.

What first came to mind was

Vincent ( Starry, Starry Night ) by Don McClain.

But since I generally do my best to avoid the works of Don McClain, I can't be sure about the intro.

I do like Van Gogh, though.

Now, daslied, please trot your nutsack over to the Common Links thread and put up a post. Your submissions are past due.

Edited by Guest

I generally do my best to avoid the works of Don McClain

It's Don McLean. I knew that, of course. I was just carrying on with that whole misspelling gag. (Sure you were, bazooka. Everybody knows you don't make misteaks.)

I also figured Don "American Pie" McBigshot just could be a 'legend' on account of he has an album called Legendary Songs of Don McLean.