OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band: Commander Cody? (And His Lost Planet Airmen).

:coolio: WHOA!! I DIDN"T THINK ANYONE WOULD GET THAT. CONGRATULATIONS EDNA !!! THAT"LL MAKE IT INTERESTING WHEN I TALLY UP THE POINTS. :coolio:

This little known U.S. Band made a specialty of covering novelty songs. Their only real Hit in 1972 was a cover of Johhny Bond's "Hot Rod Lincoln" - which itself was actually a cover of an old R & B Hit.

:)

I DECLARE EDNA THE WINNER OF THE AUGUST 2005 QUIZ !

MY CONGRATULATIONS TO HER (WON"T SHE GET A SURPRISE WHEN SHE LOGS IN !). MY WARM THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED THE QUIZ. A VERY SPECIAL MENTION TO LAURIE WHO JUST NEVER STOPPED TRYING.

With Question 1, I awarded 5 Points to Peaches for her answers, "Pepsi" (I'm convinced you got the right one Baby) and "Children Out Of Wedlock" which is correct, depending on how you view the conception of MJ's children. (Ray Charles had 12 children by 7 different women). WELL DONE PEACHES !!!

What I was looking for was that each of them were married and divorced twice. I googled to check that, because I wasn't sure if Madonna was divorced or separated.

FINAL POINTS

edna 90

Laurie 87

Brad 58

jr 38

miamisammy 37

bazooka 35

Shawna, UncleJoe 30

katie 27

Peaches 14

bluesboy, Diggs 10

Levis 5

HD, Kevin 4

Foxy 1

IF YOU'D LIKE TO CONTACT ME EDNA, WE"LL ARRANGE SOME NICE MUSIC STAMPS FOR YOU. SORRY, I DON'T HAVE ANY "COMMANDER CODY" ONES.

Edited by Guest
Just tidying up.

Old55 wrote:

It should make for an exciting finish in this, my last Quiz.

No! Say it isn't so, Darryl. :(

Your quiz is the most exciting game ever on SF! :coolio:

I always enjoyed your quizzes. My mind will go back to being dull and boring without the quiz to stimulate it. I learned a lot from you, teacher. :bow: :bow:

Please don't go! :(

But if you must, I thank you for a great game and so much fun! :thumbsup:

Darryl, please accept this Visual Interlude award. You truly deserve it! :bow:

Presented to Darryl (Old55):

MajorFunAward01.jpg

Darryl, please accept this Visual Interlude award. You truly deserve it! :bow:

Presented to Darryl (Old55):

MajorFunAward01.jpg

Thank you Brad. I accept with gratitude and pride.

That's very kind of you, and thanks to all the others who have expressed their well wishes. I've made a lot of good friends here.

:thumbsup:

I've been toying with the idea of a "Music Crossword" for a while. I'm going to prepare one and put it on, hopefully within the next week.

He he he, Darryl, you cannot leave us, you´re part of SF...

I love the idea of the crosswords... ;)

So I am the winner?????? :P Good!! :):) I was sure Laurie would make it... Laurie, congrats to you!!:bow: :bow: Thanks a lot, OldFif!!! :bow: :bow:

And congrats to all who gave wise answers, Peaches, Bazooka, Uncle Joe, Jr, sammy, katie, Bluesy...

I looked in one of my books for a seven members band from the 70´s... then I remembered Comander Cody & his lost Planets had that hit, "Hot Rod Lincoln"... I was lucky.

Thank you!!! What a nice surprise!!!