OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Edna. Not Voulez Vous/ Abba, or The Final Countdown/ Europe. That was a good one! :)

Abba's biggest Hit in Australia (by far) was "Fernando". It holds the record jointly with the Beatles "Hey Jude" for the most number of weeks at #1 (15 weeks).

:coolio:

Well, the Boards are getting slower and slower, so I'll try to put these questions on now and say goodnight all.

:headphones:

QUESTION 1 (CURRENT).

In the mid 80s a Scandinavian act had a Big Hit in the U.S., U.K., Australia (and I would think most of Europe) with a song that had been released TWICE before as a single unsuccessfully.

Can you please tell me the Performer/s AND the Song?

QUESTION 2.

Which member of a famous Group refused to accompany them to South Africa in the late 60s as a protest against apartheid?

QUESTION 3.

A well known Rock Band promoted their debut album in the first half of the 70s with a series of unusual contests. Who was the Band and what form did the contests take?

Goodnight and Good Luck All. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

UPDATED POINTS (NOT including Participation Points for Q1).

edna, Laurie 24

bazooka 17

miamisammy 15

Shawna 14

Brad, UncleJoe 13

jr 8

Peaches 4

bluesboy, katie, Kevin 3

HD 2

Diggs 1

:guitar:

Or even 'Take on Me'?

Regards

ps. the other was either Lindesfarne or the Isle of Dogs, and I would have gone for Lindesfarne ultimately given that the Isle of Dogs wasn't a 70s band. Altogether, two three four...

"The fog on the Tyne is all mine, all mine,

The fog on the Tyne is...."

Why eye canny lad...

GOT ALL THREE OF THEM! WELL DONE Diggs, edna AND jr. :) :) :)

Q1. Was it A-HA with 'Hunting High & Low' (NO)?

Or even 'Take on Me'? YES!!! :coolio:CONGRATULATIONS DIGGS! :coolio:

Q2. Gram Parsons didn´t go to South Africa with the Byrds in 1968... right? RIGHT !!! :coolio:CONGRATULATIONS EDNA! :coolio:

Q3. KISS held kissing contests. CAN'T GET ANY KISS QUESTIONS PAST YOU !!! :coolio:CONGRATULATIONS JR! :coolio:

Thanks to all who participated. :thumbsup:

Back soon with the updated Points and a new Question. My scanner's "broken' so I can't put on any Quiz Pics and I actually have to THINK.

NEW QUESTION !

Who am I ?

Formed a Rock Group in the U.K. (of which I was lead singer) in the late 70s which was successful on both sides of the Atlantic, mainly in the mid 80s.

I was married to a couple of other Rockers at different times. They were both lead singers of U.K. Groups too! One of them appeared in a very successful Movie as a straight actor/actress.

Good Luck! ::

UPDATED POINTS

edna 30

Laurie 26

miamisammy 18

bazooka 17

Shawna 15

Brad, jr, UncleJoe 13

Diggs 6

bluesboy, Peaches 4

katie, Kevin 3

HD 2