OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Capri Brad, and jr it's NOT among those 49. You get 2 points for iniative, and all others who participated 1 Point.

The Group is LINDISFARNE. They took their name from the "Holy Island" of Lindisfarne off the Coast of Northumbria/ Northumberland.

They had a few good albums in the early 70s.

:headphones:

Yes, it dragged on. Do you know the Group? I see they had a couple of minor Hit Singles in the U.S. (Looks like you've heard of them Sammy). ::

ALSO, if the island suddenly gets an influx of tourists, I think jr and I should get a commission. Thanks for the research jr. :)

NEW QUESTION. Gettable one I think.

Which VERY WELL KNOWN * singer's first single was a tribute to one of the Beatles? (There may be others, but I can't think of any by a big star like this person).

I'll update the points shortly. :)

UPDATED POINTS

edna 24

Laurie 19

miamisammy 14

UncleJoe, Shawna 13

bazooka, Brad 12

jr 8

bluesboy, Kevin 3

HD 2

katie, Peaches 2

Diggs 1

Not Elton Laurie. This song never charted as far as I know.

Just a little bit of trivia I had stored behind the grey cells somewhere. :)

My rotten computer just crashed again. I'll get my big son onto it next week.

Sorry about Lindisfarne. I thought they were reasonably successful in the U.S. They had 2 Gold Albums in the U.K.

Not GM Sammy. The artist recorded it back in the days of Beatlemania, and has undergone a name change since then.

Good Luck All - I'm off to lunch and to watch my favorite Speedway TV show. (Didn't know I was an old revhead, did you! AND the best driver I've ever seen was a guy called Steve Kinser. Anyone know of him?)

::