OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Edna. He's VERY well known - not one of the Beatles though - a SOLO artist. He used these backup singers to good effect on his HUGE Album of the first half of the 80s.

Here's another Question also.

QUESTION 2.

WHO'S THE 70s TRIO? The drummer is missing from the pic - I didn't cut him out because he's ultra well known; in fact the caption on the pic was "where's the drummer?".

1.jpg

Good Luck All. :) :sleepy:

Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

:coolio: WELL DONE EDNA!!! CONGRATULATIONS. :coolio:

Keith Emerson and Greg Lake, but no Carl Palmer. ;)

ANOTHER 5 POINTS TO YOU, which I'll adjust tomorrow. No joy with Q1 yet. ::

HERE'S A NEW QUESTION 2: This guitarist, harmonica player, singer, songwriter, sessionman of the late 60s to late 70s fronted a couple of Bands before going solo, but he's probably best known for his work on a Very well known Album by an "alternate" or maybe just "strange" performer early in the 70s. WHO is he?

2.jpg

Question 1 - Billy Joel, "The Longest Time".

Question 2 - Lowell George. (Lead singer of Little Feat and one time member of the Mothers Of Invention. He contributed largely to Frank Zappa's "Weasels Ripped My Flesh" album).

:coolio:DOUBLE WHAMMY TO SAMMY! WELL DONE!!! :coolio:

10 Big Points to you. Thanks to All who had a go also.

P.S. I'm not sure Joe. What about all those guys in the film clip? Maybe they're just miming. I'd be interested in any more info you have on the "Innocent Man" Album from which it came. :)

I'll fix up the points and put on new questions later. Sorry I don't have time now - I'm just on my way out, but I couldn't resist having a look to see if the Questions had been answered.

:headphones:

UPDATED POINTS

edna 13

miamisammy, UncleJoe 12

Shawna 11

Laurie 7

Brad 3

bluesboy, HD, Kevin 2

Peaches 1

NEW QUESTION 1.

You know I HATE doing quotes because the best Googlers can usually find them, but this one's too good to pass up.

"I want to entertain people. That's my whole life - until my last breath".

Which musician do you think said that? :)