OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION:This song was originally the "B" side of a very well known Group's big hit in the latter part of the 70s. They also wrote BOTH songs. A cover of it became a Big solo Hit for someone else the following year. What was the song and who had the Hit with it?

CLUE:

BOTH songs were included in a Big Movie of the 70s. :)

Laurie wrote:

did yvonne elliman sing How Deep?? or If I cant have you?

I agree with Laurie's answer.

" If I Can't Have You " by Yvonne Elliman was originally the b-side to the Bee Gees hit "Stayin' Alive" and both were used in the movie Saturday Night Fever.

How Deep Is Your Love? Jive Talking?

did yvonne elliman sing How Deep?? or If I cant have you?

:coolio: CONGRATULATIONS LAURIE! YOU NAILED IT. :coolio:

5 Points to you and 2 to Diggs for starting the whole "Movie" thing. Thanks to ALL who participated. Brad and Shawna filled in all the gaps too, so I don't have to add anything! :)

We just got back from taking our grandchildren to a nearby beach, and I have to go out again now. I'll update the Points when I get back. ::

We just got back from taking our grandchildren to a nearby beach, and I have to go out again now. I'll update the Points when I get back. ::

The beach - how fun! How's the weather? I know it's winter down-under, but it must be mild on the coast.

Hi Elvish. The weather is really good. The day we went it was about 80F - not a bad Winter's day. Where we live is sub-tropical of course. We took the grandkids to McDonalds after (and now I have a tummy bug). No I don't think I can blame McDonalds. Not eating much for a few days won't do me any harm anyway. :)

Hi All. Sorry to have been absent for so long.

AFTER CHECKING AND RE-CHECKING THE JULY QUIZ ! I DECLARE BRAD AND LAURIE JOINT GOLD MEDAL WINNERS, WITH EDNA TAKING THE BRONZE.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM AND THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

BRAD AND LAURIE 92 :coolio:

edna 69

Katie 44

jr 30

miamisammy 28

bluesboy 27

UncleJoe 22

Kevin 20

Elvish 19

ryansgirl 16

bazooka 14

Diggs 9

Peaches, Shawna 6

levis, MarkM, scott, TenYearsGone 2

earth-angel, Soulgirl 1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Laurie. :) I didn't realise you were in the Site. If you and Brad would like to contact me, I'll organize to post your Music Stamps to you both! Here's a couple of suggested sets, you could take one each if you wanted (or I have similar sets of The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Madonna, Aerosmith, Guns 'N' Roses, Jimi Hendrix, etc. (Jr. the Kiss fans turned out in force and bid well on them, I'm pleased to say). They look GREAT framed.

dazstamp0109.jpg

dazstamp0110.jpg

Thanks, 55!

The quiz was a lot of fun and a knowledge booster. :thumbsup:

Way to go, Laurie! :thumbsup:

It feels good to be a winner, but remember...

It's not whether you win or lose, but how you look playing the game! =:P

Gear up a new quiz 55, I've got my top hat and sport coat on.