OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much all. I'll show Val all your nice Greetings when she and my daughter return from shopping (their hobby).

Putting things in perspective, the car's only a machine - it can be repaired - but I'm glad I'm insured. I took it to the Repairer's this morning for a quote, and what looks like a small dent and scratching = Big $$$$.

Here's the CURRENT POINTS + SOME NEW QUESTIONS

UPDATED POINTS

Brad 87

Laurie 86

edna 63

Katie 44

jr 30

miamisammy 27

bluesboy 26

UncleJoe 22

Kevin 20

Elvish 19

ryansgirl 16

bazooka 14

Diggs 7

Peaches 6

Shawna 4

levis, MarkM, scott, TenYearsGone 2

earth-angel, Soulgirl 1

QUESTION 1.

Who's this 60s Group? I think the lead singer is pretty well known.

13.jpg

:headphones:

QUESTION 2.

This song was originally the "B" side of a well known Group's Big Hit of the latter part of the 70s . A cover of it became a Big solo Hit for someone else the following year. What was the song and who had the Hit with it? Too easy! ::

The Small faces

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS EDNA! WELL DONE!!!:coolio:

I don't remember using it before Laurie, but I well may have. You're younger than me. :) Steve Marriott is really the only one I recognized there. When he left for Humble Pie, they re-formed as The Faces with Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood.

I tried to get in here unsuccessfully for a couple of hours (at least) before I took my Grandaughter to get some Videos. I just thought I'd try again now.

CURRENT QUESTION

This song was originally the "B" side of a well known Group's Big Hit of the latter part of the 70s . A cover of it became a Big solo Hit for someone else the following year. What was the song and who had the Hit with it?

Maybe NOT that easy! Sorry Brad - that was misleading! :)

THIS QUESTION FOR ENGLISH PARTICIPANTS (AND OTHER CRICKET FANS) ONLY. THE ENGLISH WILL APPRECIATE IT MORE THOUGH. (IT'S NOTHING SEXUAL). ::

Q. What do Geraint Jones (English Cricket Wicket-keeper) and Michael Jackson have in common?

:jester:

Ok. I speak English and I'm a fan of Buddy Holly and the Crickets, so here goes.

Q. What do Geraint Jones (English Cricket Wicket-keeper) and Michael Jackson have in common?

They both wear gloves for no apparent reason. :laughing:

Diggs Old Mate, you have to answer mine first. (I don't know yours anyway). P.S. I have a lot more "First Test" jokes if you'd like them.

:jester:

That bloody Brad! He's a champion Googler. For our U.S. and other non-cricketing countries, the Wicket - Keeper (read "Catcher" in baseball) is allowed to wear large gloves to assist him in his catching. A catch = Out. The poor English Wicket Keeper dropped a few in the First Test between England and Australia.

:(

Please tell us yours, Diggs ! (unless Brad can get it). :laughing:

Seriously, there's no way I'd count England out of the series. IF Pieterson hadn't dropped Michael Clarke on 21 it might have been a completely different story. I'm looking forward to the next match.

:thumbsup:

O.K. CURRENT QUESTION:

This song was originally the "B" side of a very well known Group's big hit in the latter part of the 70s. They also wrote BOTH songs. A cover of it became a Big solo Hit for someone else the following year. What was the song and who had the Hit with it?

Hey that's good. Is that it Diggs?

I feel sorry for him, really. My edest daughter used to play Softball, and her team made it to 2 Grand Finals in a row. The first year she dropped the winning/losing catch. It happened again the next year (I couldn't believe it. I thought "Why her, God?"), but that time she held the catch and they won. ::

CURRENT QUESTION:

This song was originally the "B" side of a very well known Group's big hit in the latter part of the 70s. They also wrote BOTH songs. A cover of it became a Big solo Hit for someone else the following year. What was the song and who had the Hit with it?