The Wonder Years

Aunt_Acid

A terrible show, but I think I just realized why the theme song was Sgt. Peppers. Because the singer is introduced as Billy Shears, and Billy has two syllables, just like Wonder, and shears rhymes with years. Billy Shears; Wonder Years. Coincidence? I think so.

Coincidence? I think so

I think not. Unless they added more to the intro in reruns all I ever heard was Joe Cocker's version of With A Little Help From My Friends.

BTW, I found the show to be one of the better ones on the air back then. It was a show about my era when I was Kevin's age hence it parallelled my childhood.

I liked the fact that it was about realizing life was bigger than your own little world.

It touched on a lot of issues of that time. Nam, Apollo 13, flower children, things such as that.

Also, it covered things that happen in every generation. Schoolhood crushes, the ideals of friendship. Sibling rivalry.

I could identify with a lot of the things Kevin Arnold went through. I remember how it freaked me out to see one of my teachers outside school. It was like they were .... human. I also remember one of my teachers passing away. Too human.

A lot of good things about that show.

I remember how it freaked me out to see one of my teachers outside school. It was like they were .... human

I hear you there, Jr. I remember the first time I ever saw one of my teachers outside the classroom it was at the grocery store. It was so weird. I always thought teachers just disappeared into the blackboard at the end of the school day.

One time, I saw my math teacher watering flowers in front of his house. And it was a pretty nice house. I no longer take his poor teacher jokes seriously. His wife probably has a job. I also once saw my english teacher renting a video. He got "The Life Of Brian"