Here's an argument. 70s or 80s?

Pomegranete

You don´t remember your first Rolling Stones concert??

Actually, I do remember most of it, but that was the EARLY 1980's. I remember Thorogood was awesome as the opening act. Journey got pelted with oranges and stuff, and left after only five songs. The Stones rocked the house, but it was the opening date of the tour and they were still a little rusty. It was great though....great enough that I went to see them another 13 times, in addition to the 3 times I'll see them on this tour.

STONES RULE! THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!

CHARLIE! CHARLIE! CHARLIE! CHARLIE! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Actually, I do remember most of it, but that was the EARLY 1980's. I remember Thorogood was awesome as the opening act. Journey got pelted with oranges and stuff, and left after only five songs. The Stones rocked the house, but it was the opening date of the tour and they were still a little rusty. It was great though....great enough that I went to see them another 13 times, in addition to the 3 times I'll see them on this tour.

STONES RULE! THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!

CHARLIE! CHARLIE! CHARLIE! CHARLIE! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

In their first concert a thunder fell just as Mick Jagger was going on the stage and it seemed like the sky was part of the performance... rain and everything in a hot summer night... I saw them two days later and the show was better yet... J. Geils Band opened and there was magic...

cha_datos.jpg

ah well... I've never been to a Stones concert... :(

However - I've said it before, and I will say it again... I'm who "That 70s Show" is based on. =:P I had a friend in every character that show represents. :happybanana:

I know what you mean shawna!...i went to school with characters just like the show's characters

Don't you have the word 'funnily' in the US? I don't think I just made it up.

Funnily is a word and I think it means "causing amusement". It can also mean strange or odd.

As far as the 70's vs. the 80's go, there is no argument the 70's produced the better music. The early to mid 70's was the apex of classic rock.

I remember by the end of the 70´s we used to think the 60´s were the great decade of rock and roll (and I think it is...) and the 70s looked like out of fashion...now I see the 70s were great.

There was another music revolution by then, punk came and then, new romantics. And techno became popular, and also other kind of musics (David Byrne, Peter Gabriel, paul Simon discovered ethnical music in the 80s...)

Oh, well, there is so much to be told... :P

Don't you have the word 'funnily' in the US? I don't think I just made it up.

Regards

It's a great word in a Dr. Suess sort of way...

Diggs he wrote, he wrote he did

Funnily is what he said

He said funnily? Is that a word

Songfactors said, "Not that we've heard?"

We've heard many silly words, and made up a few

But funnily is a word that is brand new

Funnily was made up by you...

Diggs he wrote, he wrote he did

Funnily is what he said

He said funnily? Is that word

Songfactors said, "Not that we've heard?"

We've heard many silly words, and made up a few

But funnily is a word that is brand new

Funnily was made up by you...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I am Sam. Sam I am.

Write poetry funnily is what you can.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :coolio:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Diggs I would use the word funnily. Funnily = Strangely!

I don't remember who the opening act was at any of the 3 Stones concerts I saw when I was young and stupid...2 in the 70's, 1 in the 80's. That one was at Busch Stadium, it wouldn't have mattered. Kenny Wayne Shepard opened the last time I saw them in was it '99? Bridges To Babylon Tour. Shepard just sounded sad. His sound system was lost in the Savvis Center, you couldn't hear them at all. Not good. :thumbsdown: The Stones however.. :thumbsup:

That 70's show? It was my life!!! . I was basically Donna! :googly: